Canceled our date, how to proceed?

A girl I like and I were supposed to have lunch today, however she canceled last night because she's sick. I appreciate the fact that she told me ahead of time, but don't know where to go from here. Should I ask her out again in the future? Or just wait for her to suggest something? I'm a bit worried because this happened once before with her friend (which I went on 2 dates with). She canceled, said she was sick, but made plans to make me dinner which never panned out. I found out later she was just chicken to end things.

I really like this girl and was excited to see her yesterday. We've only hung out once before and I think with our busy schedules, we can only see each other once a week. I'm very tempted to cut communication with her until she contacts me again but don't want her to think I'm not interested. Just wondering about everyone's opinion about this? It was actually her idea for lunch today, not mine.

I realize people do get sick from time to time. It's a little hard for me to comprehend since I rarely if ever am so sick I don't want to hang out. How often to you get this sick? I realize I'm being paranoid about all of this, right now I support her.
I also realize we are not in a relationship. She doesn't owe me anything, which I understand. I'm just hoping things work out. We seemed to hit it off.
Alright good news. She replied enthusiastically about how she's free Thursday. She said she feels better now that she ate some toast. Ha ha.
to new readers- should I be her friend first? I've always been against this as I think it puts a guy in the friend zone, unable to get out. Although girls have told me to be friends first. I would like to date this girl so, I want to do that of course.

Most Helpful Guy

• no you're not being paranoid.

Ask her if she wants to get lunch another time if she says she's busy or something other than yes then she's probably leading you, its the hard truth, but you already knew this.

• Thanks, I'll do that. I'm going to wait a few days before I go there. I already told her that we can hang out whenever she's ready and for her to take it easy for awhile, and that I'll be around if she needs me. I think that's about all I can do for now without seeming pushy.

• Thanks dude, the reason I'm so hesitant is because I was trying a new approach this time around. Some girls have told me they only like getting involved with someone if they become friends first. I don't know if this is just a cop-out answer to let me down easy or what. But I thought it was worth a try.

• Yeah I think its a cop out most of the time

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• To your last update. It's up to you how to take it from here, live and learn :)