Saving your first kiss for the wedding would be romantic, right?

i believe 9 out of ten girls/guys had their first kiss before their wedding. why is it like that? in my opinion, having your first kiss in your wedding day would be exciting, fierce, and feel very special. isn't it more romantic and sweet than kissing whoever you feel like kissing?

i'm not saying that you must marry your first date.

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of people in america already have had sex when they are in high school and most of them have been with 1-8 people before I have met them. I was 22 when I first finished college and decided to date (virgin to everything). When I met guys I was a bit intimidated and when I was going on my first date I was super shy and didn't know what to say. but The more I dated guys, the more I realize I didn't like the first guy I dated, or this guy or that. And most of them have had sex and kissed numerous people. I saved sex for my husband but to try to get comfortable around guys and not be so insecure and awkward I kissed a number of guys before I met my husband (about 6-8 guys maybe that I kissed). The first guy I kissed I thought I was in love, this was when I was 23, and it was the BEST kiss ever! but he was my best friend's ex and he still loved her so it didn't work out with us. Another guy I was with wasn't the best kisser but the best guy to give me fingering, it was amazing and I still use his trick on myself to masturbate because my guy doesn't know how to do it. And then there was one guy who gave me the BEST hicky ever, I have never gotten a hicky experience better than his. Another guy gave me the best carresing trick EVER! So I am sort of glad I got those experiences other wise I wouldn't have been able to pick up those kinds of tricks and such. I did save sex for marriage with my husband and we have had 3 times, the best sex ever! compared to others I have had with him. But anyways... he also benefits from the way I caress him which I picked up from another guy or the way I give him a hicky which I picked up from another guy. My husband is a great guy but he has no lips so... sadly my first kiss will always be treasured as my favorite kiss (not that I liked the first guy better). Anyways, to one their own I suppose. My husband has had many kisses and has had sex before me, so it doesn't matter to me that I have had before him.

• i say that some american are liberated. I'm asian, I'm educated. I'm patient. sex in high school, you say? that's absurd!

• yeah I guess... and boredom, and so that they don't feel left or like losers because everyone else is doing it.

• there is this saying.. "you're laughing because I'm different...well, I'm laughing cause you're a the same". I guess this perfectly fits the situation.

What Guys Said 4

• To the romantic, it seems like a rosy idea.But in terms of reality, I don't think there's a single guy out there who would date a girl and propose without even kissing the girl. I mean, there's the whole no-sex-before-marriage idea and people already struggle with that, but no kissing? Yikes.

• My first kiss was when I was 6 years old with my maid's daughter who was 11... I still remember how awesome it was!

Ye it is romantic but will be hard to find a guy who will be willing to marry a girl before kissing her. Kisses are what spark romance also if you never kissed it will be hard to know if you truly love him.

• well, I wouldn't date JUST anyone, that's not true. at night, look at the sky and you'll see stars, cover your eyes, although you can't see them, theyre still there. love, it's not something measured by a kiss..it's something felt by our hearts.

• i respect your opinion. now, I'll ask you, egg or the hen, which came first? difficult to answer eh? you said "kiss is where true love begins"... or should it be true love first before a kiss? it's argumentative, very argumentative. whether we answer this question or not, it'll lead us nowhere.

• lol don't know what to say, don't see how the chicken got involved in this... I guess I would just say be more open with your self and your emotions because it is all very natural. a kisses at the end of the day is just a way of showing your affection for someone not some sacred act.

• I even think "no sex before marriage" is over the top.

You would miss a lot nice times

• maybe not. try once and you can never go back to undo it. so I think its better to do it when you're sure, really sure.

• different opinions... mine is "enjoy your life" :P

I accept people, who don't wanna have sex before marriage, but kissing is way over the top...

• I'm not sure how your going to find a guy who won't want at least a kiss before marriage. I also think that many many more than 9-10 have their first kiss before wedding.

I'm sorry, I respect your own opinion, and everyone is raised different and feels different, but I really think this is over the top. Like full throttle, charlies angles two over the top. :P

I also agree with one person that no sex before marriage is kinda close to over the top. Like life is meant to be fun, not chastised and boring. Marriage these days, at least in America is so overplayed, that I don't even want to bother with it anymore. I mean, girls are getting married way to young before they've had enough experience dating guys to really find one that fits them. Even if there 17 and having a successful marriage, there may be some guy out there, that she'd love even more, but since she's married, she may never find that guy.

I'm not sure, I just think that's a bit bull, and I'd love to see your sources on the nine out of ten thing. Cause I don't believe it, I'm sorry but I don't.

All this aside, didn't mean to come off as a d***, your opinions are your opinions. :-] Guten Tag!

• i said in my statement that I believe.. and belief isn't exactly true always.

• Ah, you did. Somehow I overlooked that. I still think life is meant to be fun, and an adventure. It'd be like not leaving the house before marriage or something like that. At least I think.

• it's suppose to be fun and meaningful, I know that.

What Girls Said 8

• A bit extreme don't you think O_O I am sort of understanding of sex after marriage (although I certainly don't abide by that rule haha) but not kissing until marriage? hmmm... It kind of sounds like you'd prefer an arranged marriage.. but really those physical moments shouldn't be put on a pedestal they should be enjoyed. You should enjoy touching your partner before you think about Committing to them, and I'm guessing you believe for life too.. what happens if they're good on paper.. you kiss them on your wedding day and you feel nothing?

• You'll have to search for a looooooong time to find a guy willing to marry you without having even kissed you.

Me, I won't wait 'til marriage for anything (simply because I don't want to get married. I'll do it if it's really important to my SO, but it doesn't mean anything for me).

Holding off sex til marriage, that I can understand and I respect that a lot. If I wanted to get married I would do it too because I want some sort of strong commitment and love before I have sex with a guy.

But a kiss? Come on, it's not that important. It's just a kiss.

Some societies even greet each other with a peck on the lips, and certain families from my area do that too (I live in Montreal, Quebec). It's nothing sacred. Even my grand-parents kissed before they got married.

• well, I kissed a lot of guys and I'm not a slut. I just want to enjoy my college life and I don't think you need to hold yourself for the final man you're going to marry. I mean it isn't even in the human nature to have sex with just one man. I understand the whole ' keeping your first time for marriage' But I mean kissing is just a way of showing your affection. It's even healthy ( sientificly proofed) so what the heck, why not :)

• I don't share the same opinion! I think I'd be nervous having my first kiss on my wedding day !

• thank you for that. but that's what makes it very exciting... it's something that don't need rehearsing.

• Heavens to betsy, why would you hold off on living your life just because its "romantic"? A kiss can be wonderful and meaningful without a freaking wedding. Is marriage the end-all-be-all of romance and meaning for you? Is the rest of courtship not at all special and meaningful?

Not to mention the fact that first kisses with a new partner can often be awkward and unpleasant at first in my experience. Kissing takes practice.

• yeah it would be exciting and memorable but really, do you really want that PRESSURE? you want to enjoy your wedding not worrying about your first kiss :P that's what it would be like for me anyway haha!

• that's nothing to worry about. what is, is marrying the right guy. this is where patience comes.

• ahh I meant as in I would be worrying about the kiss because I wouldn't have kissed anyone before :) and realistically, guys would have kissed you before you 2 got married anyway! how would you know that you 2 were attraCTED to each other otherwise?

• I would be surprised if one out of every one million married couples in the US hadn't kissed before they got married. I'm not sure anyone that isn't from the same place as you will be able to give you a productive answer on this one, so take everyone's response with a grain of salt.

• I don't think that's a romantic notion at all. I remember reading this article in Marie Claire or some other publication and there was this couple who was super religious who waited to kiss or even hold hands until their wedding ceremony. I thought it was ridiculous. I think that would build up too much anticipation and too much anxiety for both partners. I like kissing boys, it's fun. And I kiss who I want because I can. And I'm certainly not a slut.

What if you finally have your first kiss to only find out there's NO sexual attraction? I'm assuming if you're waiting to have your first kiss on your wedding day then you wouldn't have done anything sexual at all beforehand. I plan on having sex before I'm married too.