Girls: How many dates until you want to kiss?

And how/when do you like to be kissed?

The girl I've been on a few dates with I would say is shy. After the end of the second date I went for a kiss and she moved her face and hugged me tightly instead. After the third date we were outside her house, I got close to her and was looking in her eyes, she looked at mine for a second and then gave me a tight hug before I could do anything.

Is that a bad thing? I feel like I'm just her friend, even though we cuddle and hold hands, play footsie sometimes. The dates go well we're laughing and joking around and have plenty to talk about. I call her pretty, am a gentleman.. but she may just be nervous to kiss me?

How many dates until you expect a kiss, where are you comfortable kissing for the first time, and if shy girls could answer how can I make her more comfortable to kiss her?

And do I run the risk of having her lose interest in me if we don't escalate? I worry that if I don't move things quick enough we'll just stay friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• In high school, my boyfriend never made a move to kiss me and it ended very quickly. You're right - you do need to make a move or run the risk of being categorized as a "friend". Watch her eyes. If she keeps looking at your lips, then she wants desperately to kiss you. If you're bold enough, you may even try asking her, "May I kiss you?" No matter what the answer, at least you'll know where you stand. If she's shy, she'll give you a bashful, "Yes." If she's not interested, she'll tell you so.

Best of luck!

• I have tried making a move, twice, but she always is dodgy and avoids it. Is that worth anything.. or is it my fault for not getting her in the right mood to kiss?

She knows I've tried kissing her.. the times we are close and looking at each other she goes for the hug, but she keeps going out with me. She never really gives me signals that she wants to kiss that's one problem.

• ahaha I asked that once xD she said: when we get home!

What Girls Said 3

• I usually kiss the guy after the first date if it is a nice date, I'm attracted to him and he makes the move (not making out, just simple kiss). If I don't want to kiss him by the end of the second date, I know that I'm not into him sexually and it is over. But I wouldn't agree to a third date either.

So the problem, here, is does she want to kiss you but is holding back or does she not want to kiss you. Only you can decide for that based upon her personality and past situations she may have been in.

• kay well I'm also really shy, and I rather have a kiss on the first date, but I'm way to scarred to make the first move, I've been in moments like almsot the exact same where I just went in and hugged him instead , basically for me I need him to kind of ask, so try asking her, before or after she hugs you, ask if you can kiss her and see what happens

• Seriously dude, just relax. Chances are she's just waiting to make sure you're not an axe murderer before she jumps into bed with you.

What Guys Said 2

• maybe she's shy to kiss outside?

• She's either really shy, or she's using you as an escort. :P lol I honestly don't know for sure, but it seems pretty odd that she's ducking you all the time. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, and assume she's just shy. However, if this keeps up for too long, you might want to ask what's going on. She might already see you as a friend, and is just enjoying "pretend"-dating you for the time being. (I say that, not to be mean or cynical, but because I've had that pulled on me, too, before. Some girls just want to go out without committing to anything.)