Who should pay on this date? The guy or the girl?

I met Geoff, In January. We texted for the most part off and on. We finally met up for the first time 2 weeks ago to hang out and get know each other more. He lives in San Diego and I live in Orange County. About 1.5 hr distance. So we hit it off and agreed that we would see each other again. We never said when...2 days later he texted me asking if he could see me again and that he would drive to Orang County. I of course agreed since I really liked him. Now, I have made plans to go out and show him a good time. Go to the beach, go for a bike ride, have dinner, go to some bars...My question is do I pay for all of these things or should he pay? He paid on our first date...everyone tells me (even some guy friends) say he should pay it the beginning later on I should pick up the tab once we have dated a little further down the roa. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think for something like that as a guy I would pay for my own share and probably pay for your drinks at t he bar or something. think with gas prices and food and bars and such your looking at at least a 100 bucks for him for just himself. that's a lot so I don't think either of your should be covering for the other that much. Just each pay your own.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should take turns paying, and considering how much in gas he's spending on driving to see you, it's definitely only fair.

• I was considering paying for dinner and some our activities...I just don't want him to feel offended, I have tried paying before on other dates and most guys have gotten offended. So I'm kind of nervouse and don't want to make it awkward!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know about dating rules but I usually pay for only my part, unless I feel I have the money and desire to pay for his part as well. Depends on what part of the month it is and if he has paid for me in the past. Do what you feel best and play it by ear.