When a guy distances himself from you, what does that mean?

Assuming this is after you were in a short relationship he said wasn't serious/only a fling.

Did I just answer my own question?

Thing is, he was very into me... and then we got into this huge argument, and then... he backs off. It was so weird too because he was emotionally unavailable but so was I, and then we both sort of stopped trying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I think you did answer your own question if he said it was just a fling and not serious then he meant it unless you really hurt him somehow and he said that to take revenge...did u?

• It's possible I could have hurt him. He would never admit that to me though

• well you see your approach sounds very proud and I'm not sure it will get you anywhere.. if he thinks the same thing you will just never talk to each other.. I don't think it would be weak of you to ask him to lunch after months of not talking lol.. maybe if you called him every night it would be overwhelming but you could ask him to lunch and THEN if it goes well wait for him to contact you? as it is now I feel like you'll be waiting a long time...

• I am very proud. It is also because I am hurt. I feel that by contacting him, the cons outweigh the pros. My heart is in his hands, so to speak. If he rejects it, I will be very sad, even more so than I am now. Which is why I am not contacting him, and letting him do that when he is ready and willing.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you answered your own question, If it's getting too serious, he will try to get out, before emotions develop.

• It was on the way to becoming a serious relationship. I think I messed it up by being too needy or whatever.

• Actually, I wasn't too needy- I acted like I needed space. Oh man, it was confusing

• "Was very into me", / done

• Are you saying he was very into me and then he was done?

What Girls Said 3

• You sure did.

Mind you even if you were looking for the same thing I swear a male would never believe you because they seem to be under the impresion they're the only ones capable of just wanting to have a 'good time'

...o_O I'm not bitter at all. Bahaha

• He thinks you're getting serious, so he's backing off.

• yes you did. he's not into you