How do you guys feel about dating younger girls?

I'm a 25 year old guy. College graduate overall pretty successful. I for some reason recently have been meeting younger girls 19-21. I've always thought of girls in that age group to be "trouble". Not to stereotype all girls in this age group but a lot of them don't know what they want. Still in that party college mode and just trying to have a good time. How do you feel about dating younger girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you've pretty much covered it. If you're looking for better odds at a long-term relationship, go with a girl who's in her mid-twenties as well.

19 - 21 is kind of the lets go clubbing, hook up with random guys phase. Girls are still getting all that bad-boy syndrome out of their system. They are figuring out who they are and all that stuff. They are also coming to terms with being an individual, as are men that age.

Besides, if you're working full time, it might be hard to relate to somebody who hasn't finished school and developed a sense of real-life responsibility. So it'd probably be harder to find that deep connection that you're looking for. It sucks if you want to forget about your 8 hour work day and your girlfriend just wants to talk about how her one friend likes this guy who her other friend likes but the guy likes her and she's with you and her friends are starting to hate her and she can't handle the jealously, yada, yada, yada...

I'm speaking generally of course, there are girls out there who are mature for their age, or have been through enough sh*t in life to actually get it. So I wouldn't rule a girl out just based on her age, although personally I wouldn't date somebody younger than say... 4 years, being in my mid-twenties myself.

Having said that, if aliens came to our planet and tried to understand our species by studying 19 - 21 year old women, they would probably conclude that man is doomed.

What Girls Said 3

• I am 19 years old...and I'm not going to go on about how I'm so different and yadda yadda. BUT I will say..I am very attracted to/ and attract older men. It's nice to see that there are some out there that don't mind the age difference :)

• I think it depends on the girl. I'm a 19 year old girl and I happen to not be a party girl and mature for my age (not trying to brag, that's what other people say about me and I don't like parties, getting wasted, and random hookups). This makes me an old soul and I'm not really into guys my own age at all, but many older guys (the type I prefer) probably wouldn't want to date me if they knew my age, because no matter how mature I am I am still just a college student. Your stereotype is true about a lot of girls that age though, so I understand your point. Still, if you meet a nice girl who is 20ish and she's mature and all, go for it! It isn't a crazy age difference and she's not a high school student, I doubt anybody would blink an eye.

• I'm actually 19 years old. I'm not your stereotypical girl though since I am looking for something serious. Why do you think you are dating them? Is it because they are easy or what is it?

What Guys Said 4

• For you 19 is not too young check this out

Just Google: how to calculate a age range to date

It can help ya out

• I also agree with PsychedelicZebra other then (sorry Zebra) the stereo typing if she in your mind set then don't let the numbers stop ya I've met Mature girls in there twenties maybe younger (been areal long time since I dated one) and complete bimbo's in there thirties and older (date more of then then I want to admit)

• When I was 24 I got with a 19 year old for 7 years. But it was a different time back then, I guess.

• I'm 26 and have dated 20 and 21 year olds, with little to no luck. A lot of them lacked the maturity level I came into the relationship expecting from them. Some of these girls have the tendency to jump ship when something better (another guy) comes along. They are new to the whole bar/clubbing scene, so there you go I guess. Although a 21 year old I'm talking to now is very mature, I often forget she is so much younger. Although I don't know where I stand with her yet.

• most girls 19-21 are whores do not waste your time