If I wear heels ill be taller than my prom date! Guys do you mind?

He's only an half inch taller than me. I mentioned heels and he was like "Wait your wearing heals" he doesn't really want me to be taller than him. (I don't have my dress yet) Should I try to find a long dress so I can wear flats or should I try to talk to him about it? Note: He's a little shy and hasn't had a girlfriend before so friends pick on him a little bit, also I don't go to his school. We really like each other! Do other guys mind if the girl is taller?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never been one to wear heels before but I do get the urge to wear cute heels every once in a blue moon and I have been wanting to recently, but my boyfriend (new relationship) is only like 2 inches taller than me. Maybe 3 inches. And the heels that appeal to me will most likely make me look taller than him, so I don't get 'em.

I would think the guy will be feeling insecure and almost sort of emasculated? Unless he has a fetish for tall girls. He probably won't admit he'll mind if you wear 'em or he'll just be blunt and say don't.

You can find some cute flats! and a cute long dress make sure your hair is pretty and that's all <3

What Guys Said 5

• He won't dislike you for wearing the heels but I think he would be much happier if you didn't. Personally I would find it a little uncomfortable but it's not a big deal.

• I'd like that. It'd be a change from the norm. This might actually be a boost for his confidence cause of you being the taller one, the security.

• I like heals but Ill be blunt some girls who are short and or real thick should not ware heals in certain situations so Uses your best judgment and if you have none go to the store the lady there will help if you ask the right questions. As for heals in general there nice just not all the time.

• Im 5 6.5 and very thin, I'm a ballet dancer. I love heals I don't get to wear them that often, but I also don't want to make him uncomfortable

• IDK...lol a ballet dancer in heals would make me very comfortable. good posture and heals go great together. hehehum mmmm OK ok what was I saying there flexi... oh ya you could pull them off just fine. Don't worrie about him unless he's very short.

• Of course it'd be okay, I'd even be okay with a girl's natural height being taller than mine. After all, I like a girl for who she is, not the number on a tape measure. I know this is an almost two year old question, but still I felt my answer could help out somewhat for future reference.

• I don't understand guys who have a problem with a girl wearing heels, especially if it's just over it making her taller. A woman in heels always looks nice if she's not trampy or like a stripper. If it makes her taller than the guy, it can actually look sexier sometimes if she doesn't normally wear them. If your guy has a problem just because you'd be taller, maybe he has some other issues or a real problem with pride. You really need to find out why it bothers him so bad. Unless you pick him up and carry him around like a cavewoman, he really needs to get over himself. I'm sure you'd look very pretty in heels. And yes, it's your prom, too. Not just his.

What Girls Said 4

• What do YOU want to wear? Prom is important memory that you'll hold onto for a long time. You're style shouldn't have to revolve around the guy, it's also your night, right? Who cares if you're taller? He must be a short guy, he's probably used to it. Is his ego really that big? I say do what you want, not what's going to make him happy or "comfortable."

• yes

• no

• You could always go with kitten heels that are very short, but still cute heels. That should keep you at about the same height and allow you to wear short or long gown...

Examples: link