Why doesn't my boyfriend like to kiss as much as I do?

Is it typical that girls enjoy kissing more than guys? I love to just lay in bed at night before we go to bed and kiss...I don't expect him to want to kiss for an hour...because I guess that's too long. But ideally, I would love to lay there for at least 15-20 min or something, and kiss. I always feel like he isn't interested in doing that. I've asked him "Why aren't you into kissing me anymore?" and he thinks it's weird that I ask him that, because he claims he does like to kiss me...I feel like I'm crazy lol...but I enjoy kissing, even when it doesn't lead to anything else. I just enjoy it, and it seems like he only wants to kiss me goodnight, and that;s it...i want some dude's opinions on this one please?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a feeling that this is a complicated issue, but here is my quick gut reaction...

"Is it typical that girls enjoy kissing more than guys?"

Generally, I would say yes, because I think it's tied into how in touch we are with our emotional side and women are usually better at understanding that kind of stuff

"But ideally, I would love to lay there for at least 15-20 min or something, and kiss."

That sounds good, could still be a bit long though, depending on the passion of the kissing as tongues do get tired.

"and he thinks it's weird that I ask him that, because he claims he does like to kiss me...I feel like I'm crazy lol..."

He thinks it's weird because he doesn't see the issue the same way as you do, you should talk to him more about it. Tell him that making out for a longer period of time turns you on or makes you feel wonderful, help him understand how important it is to you and he's more likely to oblige.

What Guys Said 4

• I, personally, only like to kiss for 10-15 minutes when I'm in the mood. When I'm going to bed, I'd prefer to give my girl just one kiss goodnight rather than turn it into a slight make-out session. A few consecutive kisses are fine but nothing too serious. That's me. I'm sure a lot of guys would agree though. It has nothing to do with him enjoying kissing you or anything but there's a time and place for everything.

~Distant

• Well, it sounds like you're reading into something that isn't there.

I can only think of one person I dated that I didn't enjoy kissing. This one girl was a terrible kisser. She would basically just open her mouth and move it around on my lips, no tongue. I asked her why she didn't use tongue and she said, "My last boyfriend used too much and now I don't like it." Needless to say I didn't really go out with her after that.

• i like to kiss, others don't as much... its just the personality type.. seriously don't take it to heart, I've been with girls who will kiss for the whole movie, and others who will only kiss for 5 seconds. seriously just personality type

• Sometimes even hour long makeout sessions are nice. Early in the relationship. Yes, girls seem to be into kissing WAY more than guys, or at least this guy.

What Girls Said 2

• Well I've heard that guys generally don't like kissing as much as girls do. But it depends on the guy. Some guys will obviously like it more than others. My boyfriend is always telling me how much he loves kissing me. We've lied there and kissed for 15-20 minutes before maybe even longer I dunno. If we're snuggled up watching TV or something he'll usually start kissing me during the commercials.

• 5~10 minutes is OK. Longer than that, I can't stand up.