He goes on dates with other girls?

Ok so I started talking to this guy and we hit it off really good, I just got out of a really long relationship so I was taking it slow, but I just found out that he has a date for tonight with another girl, its not like he's my boyfriend or anything we were just seeing each other like once a week and we talked all the time on the phone. I'm feeling pretty hurt by this because I really like him and he's really cool but why would he feel that he can just go on dates and not think I'm gonna find out and why in the world would he think its OK for him to do that!? someone help! what should I do, I really like this guy! he's super sweet when I talk to him and he seems to care about what I think, what do I do?!

thanks everyone I feel a little better now :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Why WOULDN'T it be okay for him to do that? You just started talking to him! You aren't his girlfriend. Have you even kissed him yet? He feels like he's not doing anything wrong because he isn't doing anything wrong!

Don't worry about his other date. You can date other people too. Just have a good time when you're with him and if you both like each other enough it'll become exclusive.

THEN you can go off if he goes on other dates!

• Agreed. I guess I won't write my own answer.

• It's possible. But if you say you're serious, I believe you. But usually when a quetion is asked that gets a near universal response AND the asker isn't really involved in any dialogue, it seems a bit non-serious is all. Anyway, I hope all the responses helped you.

• i was completely serious about it and the responses did help me, I'm just not a very chatty person and all the answers were the same so why would I have to comment?

What Guys Said 7

• Why do you feel entitled to him when you aren't even exclusive?

There's sadly a double standard when it comes to dating that brings this ratio which states:

A girl looking for a relationship only has to ask 1 guy,

While,

A guy looking for a relationship has to ask 100 girls.

Since you are not exclusive with him, he has to keep looking until he finds a girl that he likes and wants to be exclusive with him.

• If you're not exclusive, he's allowed to go on dates with other girls. People have the misconception that once you start spending time with someone or going on dates with them that they're off-limits to everyone else. If you want him to yourself, ask to be exclusive. This doesn't necessarily mean you two are boyfriend and girlfriend just seeing each other. Which is what I assume you're looking for.

~Distant

• You're not in an exclusive relationship. According to him, you're just friends. You want it slow, right? Well, there it is. He's taking his time with you, and with other girls as well.

• If you aren't exclusive, you aren't exclusive. You need to tell him that you either want to be exclusive or you can't continue the relationship. Don't be mad about it just tell him that's how it has to be for you. But that kinda throws taking it slow out the window.

• If you like him so much you need to ask him to be exclusive and to go out on dates. If you hit it off so well he will have no problem going out with you and then you can try and be bf/gf. If your not his girlfriend he can do what he wants

• there are other girls in the world and you just have to accept that most if have amazing t*ts beyond all espescially the girls that f*** hard like the one who gave me a BJ last month.

• was it really necessary for you to tell me this? do you really think I care about you getting a bj? maybe you should learn some respect for the girls your with you ass whole. its because of guys like you that girls get hurt. I realize there are other girls out there do you honestly think I'm that stupid how bout you grow up and learn to respect girls

• tell him you rather wish he was on a date with you tonight...

What Girls Said 3

• you two are just seeing each other and although your feeling for him may be very strong, he may not feel as strongly about you yet. he is just casually dating and you need to respect this (you can too). just relax. if he is the right man for you he will choose you over the other girls, and if he isnt, he will continue to date around and see what his options are. he has every right to do this (so do you). it sucks that it hurts but you both are just casually dating each and other and once a week is really low investment at this point even if you do talk on the phone too. if he chooses you he will choose you, if he doesnt, then consider it a blessing you didn't sign up with a guy who has only so-so feelings for you.

• date someone else. and make sure he knows. maybe just take a guy friend or something. if he's gonna do him, you gotta do you baby girl

• I can see that working if she wanted to destroy any chances with him.

• Yep she can do what she wants, he can see it, scratch her off the list and move on. Don't do anything out of spite if you are trying to start a relationship. Save that for the break up.

• lmao! :)

• People are so different that it's hard to say. There are some people, like yourself, out there who don't agree with dating more than one person at a time, even if you guys aren't "officially exclusive." But, in my experiences, there isn't a expectation of exclusivity for most people without having a conversation about it first.

Ask him if he's dating other people. See if he answers honestly. Have you told him that you don't want to rush into a relationship? If so, there's the reason why. It doesn't necessarily mean that his interest isn't as strong as yours. If you're not ready, he's keeping his options open, and probably trying to save himself from being hurt down the road.

If you're ready for a relationship now, maybe it's time to have that talk. Don't be angry with him. As it stands, he's not doing anything wrong at the moment.