What do I do with him?

ok so I'm 17 (gonna be 18 in a couple months) and about two months ago I got my first boyfriend. and I like him and all but he is way more attached to me then I am to him. he cares about me soooooo much and does everything he can for me. he's really a nice guy and soooo nice to me. for the time being I like being with him and all and I don't want to break up with him right now but I know he's not someone I want to stay with forever. I know it's not going to work out. I mean I don't have a problem bringing him around my friends but I won't show intimacy with him in public because I think I'm embarrassed of the thought of people knowing we're together and being intimate. I mean I love hanging around him when it's just me and him but I feel like I can't be my REAL self around him, I'm just not that comfortable around him. which to me sounds really bad. I know he hopes and plans on 'us' working out and hoping that in the future I'm the one but I know he's not the one for me and I know this already so is it a bad idea for me too keep dating him and enjoying my time with him for the time being? or should I break up with him now? either way I know I'm most likely going to end up hurting him because he thinks I'm just the greatest girlfriend there is and that he's ever had and I really don't want to hurt him but the only way I can do that is to never leave him which I can't do. I don't mean to seem as a horrible and mean person, it's just that I'm so confused and I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave him now but I know I'm going to for sure in the future.

What Guys Said 1

• well publuc intimavy is up to you but it shouldn't make you uncomfortable to think others know about it. you should see how it works out. You won't lnow if it's gonna end until it does. Saying it will will only make it inevitable. Finally you don't have to completely this is all a staircase just step down from relationship and go to friendship. My parents have a lot of friends now that they dated when they were younger. as for me I just observe this stuff and put it all together

What Girls Said 1

• ok, I understand perfectly, but I don't think it's eather break his heart or marry him and stay with him forever, that is way too extreme, cause there's other solution, like you can start by being honest with him, and little by little make him know that you're not in the same place, and show him that he's putting things wrong, and not considerating how you feel, cause that may be the problem there, he's way too into you, but he hasn't stop to see if you feel the same way about him.

The thing is that you don't have to feel like the bad person here for breaking up with him, it's only gonna get worse if you don't stop things there

• But I don't want to break up with him right now. I do like him more than a friend but I KNOW he is not someone that I want to stay with and possibly end up being the one. I want to at least be with him until I graduate and if I tell him any of this now he'll leave me and I don't want that right now

• Well just be easy on him, you can go little by little making him know what you think about the relation-ship,slow things up, just day by day he won't take take it so seriously. And then you both know what kind of relation-ship you're having