I'm simply curious, but would you rather date?

Someone who is your TOTAL opposite, or someone exactly like you?

& why ?

Most Helpful Guy

• good question. Id say someone total opposite, because I'd be good at everything she's not good at and shed be good at what I'm not good at. We'd really balance each other. BUT, seeing that she's totally opposite than me, shed be large and overweight and she wouldn't snowboard :(

So after much thought, I'd pick the girl exactly alike. we'd get along SO much better.

• hahahahaha that's cute

i meant in personality though !

+ don't you think that you'd eventually get bored of someone exactly like you?

• personality, ofcoarse the chick total opposite would be the hardest girl to understand, so obviously the exact same girl would win.

hahaha, yeah id get pretty damn bored, but it's either that or dealing with a really annoying obese chick. decisions, decisions.

Most of my best friends are almost exactly like me anyway.

What Guys Said 4

• Opposite... I couldn't stand being around me :P. Seriously though, if someone you date is just like you, there is no contrast. If you share exactly the same ideas, then conversations are just words of agreement- how boring. If you do the exact same activities, you aren't exposed to new situations. Being the same might make things easy at first, but in my experience it doesn't work because the relationship ends in boredom.

• Someone like me. Reason being is I am 21, and while most 21 year olds are out at bars drinking and doing other things like that, I am not like that at all. I hate alcohol and everything to do with it. So I wouldn't want a girl who spent lots of time at bars and whatnot since I would never have any interest in doing something like that with her.

• Opposite.

Opposites attract.

• Total opposite for sure.

What Girls Said 3

• If I had to pick I'd say opposite. If we were the same, we'd never "grow" but instead stick to the same things until it got boring. If we were opposites, he'd be good at the things I'm not and he'd like different things, giving me (and him) different perspectives, etc. Ideally, though, I'd probably prefer someone in the middle. If he's too opposite, I'm not sure I could handle it :/

• Me and my boyfriend are pretty much alike, with some things that differ. I prefer it this way. I mean he's not so much alike that I would be dating myself.. but we have a lot in common. I love how we can relate and understand one another.

• Opposite because then I would like that they are different from me and from what I'm used too but to have some interest like me but not be just like me.