Why do a lot of girls have to be so catty all the time?

My girl and I (the one in the pic) are in a very good relationship and my girl is taking a lot of sh*t from them because me and my girl hang out a lot and she has not really been out with her girlfriends a lot like she use to. There saying to her why are you spending a lot of time with him and we miss you and they see we are happy and I get along with her girlfriends too but, I see the envy in their eyes. Also there single too. My boys are happy for me but, I wish her girlfriends could be that way. Why do girls get so envy when the see one of there bestie happy? They are getting very catty like and is stressing my girl out should I get in volved and say BACK OFF or let my girl handle it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't get involved. This would cause more turmoil between her and her friends. Just support her and be there when things get rough for her (like right now). It's unfortunate that her friends are not understanding that she has finally found someone who makes her happy. Girls are naturally catty like that.

Not to be rude or mean, she's a beautiful girl, but I'm sure she hangs out with a lot of bitches (judging from her physical appearance). Those girls tend to be very catty and mean... that's just a given. She's going to have to decide to confront them and talk to them. Make them understand that she loves her friends but she has someone who she loves and loves her too. And because of that, she has to choose how to spend her time. This all depends on how she words this and how her friends will take it. I'm not going to lie, it will be completely idiotic if she ditches her friends. I did that in my past relationship and when I needed someone after my break-up, I had nobody. Even if you guys don't break up, it's nice to have a group of friends you can turn to.

All in all... don't butt in but convince her to confront her friends. The more she ignores it, the more drama there is. She's an adult and her friends are adults... I'm sure they can handle a little bit of confrontation.

• Im not getting involved but, I want to I think she can handle it. She see's them 3 days a week I don't kidnap her she just wants to hang with me on her own. I don't make her do nothing she don't want too do. I even tell her to go with her friends sometimes but, she wants to stay with me which I don't mind. If her friends was in her shoes they would me the same way with there boyfriends. And that's a FACT.

• you know what though? You are being a great boyfriend to be able to be OK with her hanging out with her girlfriends. I'm glad you decided not to get involved. Try to do your best to guide her and be her support. I'm sure you are really good to her and its sad that her friends can't see that. As for 3 days a week... those girls really need to back off lol. They're being parasites... even people my age understand being in a relationship and stop being a leech.

What Girls Said 4

• of course we get mad ! and its not because we get jealous , or we don't want her to be happy , its just that we hate the fact that when a girl gets a boyfriend suddenly her friends don't mean crap to her anymore . we are happy that she's happy and we want her to stay that way , but it would be great if she could just divide her time evenly with her boyfriend and her friends . its only fair . oh and you should let her talk to her friends , you telling them to back off is only gonna make them hate you more , and trust me , when girls don't like a guy they will get revenge . just stay out of it . good luck (:

• Does she see her friends at all? If she's completely neglecting them, then that would be a very good reason for them to be upset. But if she does still make some time for them and they're not happy with that, then they're either very selfish friends, or jealous.

• Because women are competitive with each other, especially when it comes to men. We feel like every girl is trying to steal our men, & we have to protect what is ours.

• that's kind of normal in the beginning of a relationship to kinda get in your couple bubble and tune out the world. You're lucky to have guy friends who are cool with it because a lot of times they aren't so great about it either. Maybe you should be the one to say "look babe I love you and I want you to be happy and I know this is upsetting you so maybe on x night we should do something with friends" maybe her friends just don't like you? that's possible too maybe they think you're alittle too clingy or demanding? you need to find out from her exactly what they don't like about it to really figure out what to do.

What Guys Said 3

• These girls could be one of many things...Jelous, envious, or just irritated because their friend has not been paying them enough attention as they would like. They will get used to it eventually, its common for a girl to stop paying attention to her friends whenever she finds somebody who she trully cares for and likes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, its just that since you've entered the picture things have become different. Just share your opinions and concerncs to your girlfriend and let her know what you think and talk about it a little bit and after that leave it up to her to handle it, they are her friends and she is a big girl she can handle something small like this.

Good Luck

• Let your girl handle it unless you se she cannot. Even then as her before you get involved.

They envy, because they have their own dreams and they feel like it is possible, but not for them. ... that frustration and powerlesness makes one angry!

• Women = Bitches

• It never ends sometimes and women always wonder why we are assholes sh*t like this.lol