No date for prom, what can I do?

junior prom was annonced about 2 months back and I knew there would be a prom this year so I have been trying to get a girlfriend to go with far before that. prom is in less than 2 weeks and I still Haven't gotten a girlfriend. I've been single for almost a year and my last girlfriend and I only dated for less than a week. I have tried 3 times with girls so far this school year and I'm starting to feel hopeless. I just can't get a girlfriend no matter what I do. sh*tty right? what can I do to get a girlfriend because what I have been doing clearly isn't working. any chance I could before prom even though its such short notice. I don't want to miss out on prom but no chance I'm going with out a date, I don't want to be that one guy just chillen in a corner

Most Helpful Girl

• you could still have a good time without a girlfriend as your date.. two weeks is kinda soon, so jumping into a relationship that means something will be hard to find. Go with a close girl frieeeeennndd, and have fun regardless :)

• should I try to find a girl I might like then get as close as I can in a few days then ask her?

• yeaa sure, possible girls that you may have interest in will work too :)

but I wouldn't want to ask them to prom too soon, just in case you change your mind

about the person

What Girls Said 3

• Prom is not worth stressing over. It's silly to get a girlfriend just for that, anyway. Learn to be happy with yourself single before you go after any more girls. No one's going to be interested if you're really that desperate.

• im not that desperate, I want a girlfriend but I have high expectaions and I don't want to settle just because I want to be in a relationship. I could probably get someone to go out with me if I lowered my expectations but I really don't want to. but of course that's probably part of the problem

• Well, from your description, you sounded pretty desperate. What you're describing now is a totally different problem, but I'd have a similar answer. Don't lower your standards just for prom. That is seriously not worth it.

• oh well I'm not really good at discribing my problems. but yeah, I'm not desperate enough to go for a belowe average girl if I myself am average. I feel like I should be aiming within my range. so I geuss il take a pass on this prom and maybe hit up senior prom? unless anything good happens in the next week

• It doesn't need to be your girlfriend. Prom is the last night of High School, so it's there to party with your friends and everything :)

Just ask a girl that you get along with! Or go solo, or with your guy friends.

I went to my prom with my gay friend and another girl as a trio and we had a blast.

• If you just want a date for the prom, just keep looking. There are probably many girls stressing over the same issue.

• well the way I feel about prom is that its supposed to be a more personal thing with a girl youve been in a relationship with not a thing that single guys really go to just to say they did

• Then you might just have to accept that it won't happen the way you want it to. Even if you find a girl tomorrow it won't be much of a relationship two weeks from now.

• thats a good point I geuss.i suppose my veiw of a prom is just elated because of seeing a plenty of romantic comedies where they just fall in love in like 4 days and every thing works out perfectly. I mean I know its a move but why can't life be like that?

What Guys Said 1

• you could solo dance!