Ladies, did your dad influence who you dated/are dating and Guys, did your mom influence who you dated?

So I have been talking with my girlfriends and we all came to the conclusion that we are attracted to guys that have similar qualities that our fathers possess. Not looks but more like their charisma, style, how they carried themselves etc...

So I was wondering, have you not dated a guy because of the way he acted..reminding you of your father? Or even the reverse, have you dated someone that was the complete Opposite of your father?

Also guys...same question..just insert Mother where father is :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't really like a guy what was like my dad because at the best of times I don't really like him :D Though come to think of it I've never really met someone like my dad- except my english teacher :S Except unlike my dad, he actually doesn't hate me since I get A's for lots of essays :P

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I've noticed I'm attracted to guys like my father, the crazy thing is my father has never been in my life. I've gone though old photo albums and saw him goofing around and he was shorter which is totally my type.

• My Dads an alcoholic who I refuse to see and my Mum is a poor excuse for a parent - so no; they haven't, and will not influence who I date.

• yeah my dad was a player that settled down but he taught me a lot of game so now I'm kind of like the female version of him (not slutty) I just have a good talk game and know what to look out for. I guess you could say I'm charming lol. I tend to like guys who have that kinda swag and are old fashioned like know how to fix stuff, protective and chivalrous to those they care about. too bad they're rare but oh well lol