Permission to date an ex?

My best friend gave me permission to date his ex, but she says he probably didn't mean it.

Why would he say it if he didn't mean it? They broke up a little less than a month ago after "dating" for about two weeks.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's TRYING to be okay with it. That doesn't mean he is ACTUALLY okay with it. Bar fights and street brawls have been spurred on by less. Listen to the girl and DON'T do it.

What Girls Said 2

• He probably said " it's ok" to see what you'd do. I personally would never date anyone of my friends ex's or former "interests" period. Just out of respect. If the tables were turned, you'd be fine if your homie dated your ex/former interests?Just sayin. It's a matter of respect.

• You don't need permission to do ANYTHING. Do what makes YOU happy!

What Guys Said 1

• If they were only dating for two weeks, he probably meant it. To be on the safe side though, I would NEVER date my mate's exs. Even if they say it's okay. He may just be saying 'Yes' out of fear of what you might say if he said 'No'.

~Distant