What's the oldest age I should date considering I'm 16 years old

16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26

Keep in mind, I'm really mature for my age and I usually hang around older people to begin with.
I'm not sexually active and I don't plan on being sexually active. Even if I was, 16 is the age for legal consent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say 18. but if they are about to go off to college that can be tough. Better off staying around your age.

• Based off your update... my answer doesn't change. Just because you say you are mature doesn't change much. You may fit in with older people but they are going to be at different stages in their life until you hit about 22. You're in high school at your parents house. They are at college looking for parties and thinking about finding a full time job.

• Depends on what state you live in about consent... some places is 16,17 or 18

• Well I'm not sexually active anyways so it doesn't even apply to me.

What Guys Said 4

• Stumbled over this old one and thought you should see this link

Why did you think 16?

• well I personally thingk the max should be 20 23 if you are sertain he's the right one but the second he does anthing weird ( abusive) get outa there

• Personaly 19. Anything past that is really slutty, but only because you (me too) aren't like older. The older you get the more equally muture everyone in your agegroup is. just btw haha

• Slutty? How? It's not like just because the guy is older I'm going to put out. That and I'm way more mature than most of the people my age anyways.

• 18 MAX, otherwise it can be trouble (legal trouble).

What Girls Said 4

• I would stick to people still in high school. therefore 18 at the highest. College is a whole different world even though you might not think so. also as far as legal reasons 18 would be a good idea.

• So after your updates.... still if you are 16 and "mature" and go and date someone who is 26 I doubt that you are at a maturity level of someone his age. you might be mature for someone your age but maturity is different at every age. and even if you aren't sexually active, I'm not so sure a 26 year old is going to be dating a 16 year old and go along with that,

• I just made it to 26 because it said my question wasnt long enough. I'm NOT into 26 year old guys. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• personally maximum age would be 18. but if you were 18 I would consider at least 21 maximum. it all depends on your own preferences though. but since you're 16, 18 would be the maximum and what everyone else said "legal issues".

• 16. if you are with a guy ( meaning sexually) that is 17 or older before you are 18, he can get into huge trouble with the law.

• 18