First time online dating?

So I figured I'd try out this whole online dating thing. I joined okcupid.com and finished putting up my profile and pictures, etc. So far I've basically looked a few girls profiles and messaged some of the ones I thought I had things in common with. A few have messaged me back, so I'm asking simple questions based off of what they said in their profiles, but I feel like the convo is going no where online. I'm not looking for a girl to email. I actually want to meet her in person and go on a date. How exactly can I ask her on a simple date without actually saying "He so I know we haven't talked for more than 2 emails but want to go on a date" lol... thanks for the advice!

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha... I got OKCUPID too. Anyway heads up. Online dating can be more stressful than actually dating offline. Reasons why? One, people look at your pictures before they even read your profile. Two, women on OKCUPID, are very picky trust me. They exaggerate about what they do, and plenty of other things. The profiles are very cliche, meaning the women on there are not very unique. Women on there tend to lie about what they do just to get someone better than they are, trust me they do that a lot. Ex; I got a BA on bla bla bla, and I'm going to graduate school for this. Then in their what people notice about them, all they put is physical features, not characteristics. Be careful on there, women lie a lot about who they are, when you go online dating don't idealize a something right away, you know just get to know the person, then go on a date and see if you click or not. Don't go expecting you're going to end up together and all those happy thoughts.

PS; if they don't like you, they will try to play you with the line, "Well, I'm just looking for friends nothing more, I just want to get to know people." That means their not interested. Yep, they try to do that when they meet you in person, if they don't like you, or they see they can't take advantage of you money wise.

• Thanks for all that info. From all the profiles I was reading, I wondered why they were using online dating since they came across as such an accomplished person. I'll make sure to keep my guard up!

• PS. I forgot to thank the two assholes who gave me downs, I bet they had to be girls. I guess women only see what they want to see.

• I'd have to agree with you. I'm guilty of doing this too. The funny thing is when I started doing the quizzes and putting more of my qualities on the site, it started recommending girls who were imo less attractive physically, but I'd totally get along with them compared to the super hot girls who may be a bit more shallow. With that said, I think online dating may not be the best option for me. I guess I'm just checking it out for now.

What Girls Said 4

• I've been on several dating sites. Me personally, I am really careful on dating sites. You don't know who you're talking to or what their intentions are. When I am talking to guys on those sites it probably does go slower then if you weren't on a dating site. I don't know how long you have been on the site, but give it time. If the women there think you are a genuine guy by how you present yourself, they should open up more and more and then you may get a date!

• ummmmmmm I meet alotta guys online and we just talk on the phone and text right now but I wanna meet them so I'm sure those girls wanna meet you if they have a intrist but remember its online dateing try not to come off creeper status or pevert stalker

• well I suppose if they had a profile on the site, it won't be too weird to directly ask her out on a date lol...just say "hey I think you're cool and would like to know you more, would you like to go out some time?"

• My god.you look so shy.In my impression,foreigners are more open than Chinses.But I have already dating two boys through QQ.So to do waht youwant todo,and the more natural in front of girls, the better.

What Guys Said 2

• well the whole purpose of the site is to find a date so.. go ahead and just ask them on a date lol! I'm sure that's what they were expecting anyways, lol

• I think giving hints about going on a date or ever straight away asking for a date would be the way forward. Try this on a few of them, gauge their response, change strategy, and keep keep trying!

Good Luck!