When should I expect him to hide his profile on dating sites?

hey, so I'm 34, divorced, and met a guy online a few months ago. since meeting we have talked and/or texted every day virtually all day/nite since, and we have hung out weekly (usually just once a week, we both have kids)--including sleeping over. anyway, we have obviously by now admitted having feelings for each other, we get along like best friends when we're together, we've got similar sense of humors, and we're beyond compatible physically...but as good a time we have together, he has refused to take down his online dating profile. I haven't asked him to deactivate it, but I thought at this point if he was thinking of me as potential girlfriend, he should wanna hide his profile to see how things turn out. I don't need a commitment right off the bat, but I don't get why hiding his profile is such a big deal to him...I did tell him I'm done right now, as I feel he's playing me, but was I right to assume he's just not that into me if he can't hide dating profile after 3 months of solid talking/hanging out? he def goes on site, so it's not an issue of him not going on often. thanks for the feedback!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, you were right for making that decision. Why would he keep his profile operational when he's found someone? There's absolutely no good reason to be going on a dating website when you're not looking for a potential date. Especially, when the person has asked you to hide your profile.

~Distant

• thanks for the feedback...i'm glad to see I'm not being too needy, that I'm right that he would take it down if not looking for other dates. I wish he would have though...

• did he say he wouldn't remove it? maybe he forgot the password to login to the website.

• yes, I asked him if he would hide it, not even remove it forever, just hide it while we see where things went an he said he wasn't ready. he is on daily. :(

• thanks for being honest...that's what I figured. :( it wasn't too soon for me to ask him to hide it right?

• no it wasn't too soon. If you are sleeping together he should be more respectful. Or at least tell you up front what his intentions are.

What Girls Said 0