What's wrong with being independent?

I really don't need a guy for much of anything.. I don't even require much attention.. I'm smart, attractive, cool and far from needy.

Guys keep vanishing on me. When they disappear for no apparent reason, I might be a little upset depending on the situation, but I take it with a grain of salt and move on. I don't bother asking questions because I feel if someone can't shoot me a simple text every now and then, he's clearly not interested. I feel like guys don't take me seriously at all because I come off so "detached".

What the heck do you guys want?

Most Helpful Guy

• I, for one, have no problems with having an independent minded girlfriend. If guys are just disappearing on you, my thought is, that you're sending out signals that you couldn't give a rat's whether he comes or goes. Guys do not like that sh*t. If, I for one, am with a girl who gives me the impression that she's a little annoyed that I want to kiss her because she's my girlfriend then one day I too would just disappear. I would disappear without telling you because you've given me the direct impression that you would not even notice I was gone! It's my belief this is what you're doing to guys. It's not being independent that's the problem, but you're emotionally dead towards guys. You're on the fast track of being a spinster.

• Haha, A spinster... I have too much pride to chase a guy around. . I've done it in the past and I felt weak and powerless and I can't let that happen again. You're totally right about being emotionally dead. I can come off as somewhat of an ice queen. A guy could be my world and he wouldn't even know it.

• You do not need to chase a guy around. If you find the right guy, he would not want you to chase him around. You just might find some guy who somehow fills a gap inside you. You'll find that you just can't turn away from him because you realize for the first time in your life you feel complete.

What Guys Said 4

• I wish I had an Independent girlfriend who doesn't feel like she needs to always depend on me

• well for that on guys I think it's an individual character, and I don't think you have met the right one yet. everyone has want he or she want to see in his or her partner, so don't worry the right time is going to come, you will surely find your better half... you can add me up so we can chat OK. take care.

• most of us want a woman to all over us..if they aren't we figure you don't really like us.

• I don't even know what that means... "All over you" in what way? Wouldn't that make a girl look desperate? Why can't you just tell a guy "Hey, I like you" and be done with it? I don't have the time to be "all over" someone.

• most guys want a girl who follows them around like a puppy dog. Don't give up your independence. you will find a guy who likes that about you.

• Not me, I'm not like that at all. My cats follow me around where ever I go, I don't want a girl to just follow me around where ever I go. Doing things together is one thing but mindlessly following your boyfriend where ever he goes just isn't attractive to me. You've got a real problem, GFM, if you think a girl mindlessly following you around is what you want in a girl.

• First off WOW,

Secondly Where do you hang out in public? Cause I'd love to find a girlfriend like you.

What Girls Said 2

• lol, did I write this? we are one and the same my dear.

• I believe most guys they want a girl to be independent like this, in which she doesn't feel that she needs a guy for security and protection, she can take care of herself, like to depend on him, that she doesn't expect the guy to be the dominant one or most of the time, like he leads the whole relationship, makes all or most of the decisions, makes all the plans and initiates, starts everything first, they want the girl to put up effort as well too.