Teenage Drinking problem-possible cause of ruining a relationship

What are some good reasons why teenage boys shouldn't drink. I'm dating a guy and he says he cares about me but he doesn't understand why I get mad when he drinks

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I understand where you're coming from--I never touched a drop til I reached college. One thing you can try is the sports angle--if he plays sports let him know that getting caught can ruin his chances of getting scouted/opportunities to play in college. for that matter--it can adversely affect getting into schools, not just onto sports teams. I've heard of people having their acceptances revoked due to teenage drinking situations.

Another angle you can try is that you can't trust him when he drinks--what if he gets blackout drunk and has sex with some nasty chick and gets an STD or gets her pregnant?! He's gotta know how horrible that would be.

The last thing I'd say is that before our bodies are adult and mature, there's no telling how anything could affect it. So an experimental night of drinking could turn into alcohol poisoning really easily. Most of all, just let him know that it's a turn-off for you and you'd prefer if he could just wait til you're both ready.

• He says that he's "responsible" when he drinks. I told him that since he's drunk he's not 100% aware of what he's doing. He doesn't get completely wasted just drunk but I just don't know what to say to him.