How soon is too soon?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a month now kinda long distance(he lives 8 hours away right now). A couple weeks ago he came up to visit me and went on a job interview at a local ranch. Well it turns out he got the job and will be moving up here in a couple months(June) and is talking about moving in together. I don't know if I'm ready for that, I'm pretty independent and love my personal space, but I do love him and having him around and it would be nice to have his company. So what do you think, is 3 months(will be in June) too soon to be moving in together?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be very careful about moving in with someone that quickly. I moved in with my ex after three months and he turned into a raging lunatic once I did. Then I ended up staying in an unhappy/unhealthy relationship for over two years because I felt like I was stuck.

Sure you could move in and things could work out fine, but they might not either. Three months isn't that long to get to know someone. I'd wait if I were you. Also, if you tell him no and he tries to pressure or guilt you into it, watch out.

What Guys Said 2

• GEnerally I'd say yes if you're not comfortable with it..which your aren't...I'd ask him to put that off.

• i don't think that's a good idea...well, you love him, he probably loves you but...you've been dating by distance, do you think that's enough to really know someone?

moving in is kind of a big deal...

• thats what I'm thinking, he was here for a three day weekend and we'll be together for another 3day weekend in may but I just don't think that's enough time together to really know each other... :/

• Tell him that you think it's too soon...

It's important that you don't apologize or act like you've done wrong on this, or he will take advantage of that.

You are doing the right thing by waiting some more months believe me...

What Girls Said 2

• Too soon imo. One of my ex's was pushing the issue of moving in together after 4 months.. and kept pushing it for another 2 months until I really couldn't take it anymore. So 6 months was still too soon to me. I really wouldn't move in with anyone until a year plus of dating, but that's just me and I have other reasons for that.

• 3 months is way too soon to move in together imho. If you were just friends and were strictly going to be roommates that would be a different story. My ex and I lived together for 2 months just to test the waters...I still had my own place and it was the best decision in my life. I found out I couldn't live with him and luckily I was able to leave! This all happened before our one year anniversary...he was a military guy in a rush to get married and have kids. not for me!