Christian girls would you ever date an atheist guy?

Would you ever date an atheist dude just curious? I find I'm attracted to a christian girl. Christian girls seem nice and friendly =).

@shawn she is christian christian, @Bel42 thankx for you open mindedness =) @annonymous user, I don't like her just because she is christian I just want to know that she won't hold my atheism against me. I really wouldn't care if whether if she was an atheist or christian or any other religion.
thank you AngelfromAbove x =)! @62893 I wouldn't mind going to church with her and spending time with her and I wouldn't mind raising my children in a christian way.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• So just Christian girls seem nice? Because I'd hate to think I can't get a guy because my niceness doesn't have any Christian relation :/

• lol he didn't say just Christian girls are nice and friendly.

• Yes... but it he was just asking about Christian girls because they seemed so "nice and friendly." Anyway, QA, I would think some would, as long as you didn't try to push your beliefs on them and they weren't pushy about theirs, either.

• haha that made me lawlz. XP

What Girls Said 18

• i think I would ..if he doesn't try to change what I believe in in anyway.

• that is good that you are that open-minded.

• No, because religion is very important to me. Its not like I'm close-minded or anything...I would just love them so much & want them to be Christian too. I also think it would cause problems (such as spending time together because I may have church activities to go to, he wouldn't be able to share with me in that, our beliefs would conflict, issues about how to raise our kids would come up)

• nahh.. too many complications with that.. but for some girls that aren't as grounded as I am maybe..

• Yes but we could never talk about religion...and he couldn't be an asshole who constantly thought of how ignorant I was for believing in something. I'd want the same respect as I give him

• That is very understandable +1 I totally agree

• No, sorry I wouldn't.I would want to be with someone who is as spiritual as I am.And I am not someone who is attracted to opposites or differences, I'm attracted to those like me and have things in common, one of which being our beliefs. The heart wants what it wants.

• I never pegged you as religious because it teaches gender roles doesn't it? I remember you had a question about feminism before so I always assumed you weren't religious. I guess one can go with the other.

• Show Older
    • That is cool then and I voted you up because somebody voted you down.

• You're really sweet but it's totally okay I know people will disagree and that's completely fine I respect their view and I understand their point, it can appear to be quite ignorant to shut your love life off from those of other religions but I try and lead my life using common sense and looking ahead and I know what I want in my life and that's everyone's right, to control where their lives are going and who's going to be in it. And I really exercise that right!

• yes! of course! as long as he isn't like rude towards my religion, or did anything to offend me or make me question my Christianity. but yes, I would. :)

• thank you and who knows maybe she might convert me =)

• thats true:) haha

• I wouldn't mind at all:) Your religion doesn't make you. I mean if you show interest or love someone, why hold back because of one difference? Same thing applies to different races:D

• i have befor but I guess it depends on how she feels about it

• No, being a Christian is the first thing on my checklist for a guy...

• atheist girl here... I wouldn't mind dating a christian guy but I'd prefer atheist because me and friends discuss beliefs and religions all the time and I suppose that can come of rude to him if we offend him or something and I'd feel uncomfortable talking about religions next to him. anyway, surprised with the amount of christian girls here -.- I mean seriously what a stereotype.

• yes,beacause being christian is about accepting people and loving them no matter what

• No, as a christian I belive that God has to me the center and support for a relationship to work.

• If you are stuck in your ways there is no way that I could date an atheist. Here is my question for you. What makes Christian girls attractive to you? Just wondering.

• I personally wouldn't because since everything I do is for Christ, I would want a husband who has that same vision. Without Christ in our relationship we wouldn't have anything important in common. But christian girls are nice and friendly because of the way the Lord changed their life. If you want an amazing girl, a woman who follows Christ is a great choice! You shoul try going toher church, you might realize that you like it. As a testimony in my own life: before Christ I wasn't very joyful and had no purpose, but now I realize why I am living and it is to praise the Lord! Try church once, it can't hurt! :)

• Maybe, but as for getting serious with him? Probably not. As a Christian, I believe that God is the basis for a healthy relationship.

• No I wouldn't. I live my life through Christ and try to be like Him as much as possible. Why would you want to date someone who is trying be like someone you denounce? Everything I do is for God and when I falter, I go to Him for guidance and strength. I need someone who can help me to strengthen my relationship with God, not let it remain stagnant. I'm not being closed minded- obviously there are girls that would date you, but I have my preferences just like everyone else. I don't think a relationship between me and an agnostic/atheist would work because I don't think you would understand why I love God more than you like another Christian can. I would ALWAYS put God first and that might frustrate you, especially when I refuse sex before marriage. I'm not being rude or exclusive, I'm just being honest. If you were with a real Christian girl, she would put God before you, too. You have to remember that Christianity is a lifestyle and if you denounce Christ, you denounce that girl's lifestyle. It's a bigger deal than her just being nice and sweet. I think it sounds like you're more into it for our virginity and innocence, tbh.

• No I believe in marriage before sex. And I very protective of her innocence!

• I'm just saying. If she's anything like me, she would want somebody who she can pray with and confide in. You may do those things but unless you give yourself up to the Lord, you'll never understand her and in the back of her mind, she'll always know that.

• hey you can go for a sex change and REALLy try to be like him

• i would, but only if he doesn't make fun of my religion or belief

• no, that would cause too much drama, & I don't want that

What Guys Said 3

• Is she Christian-Christian or merely Christian-esque?

• I've been very attracted to Christian girls to and I'm an Agnostic Atheist. It depends if she is casually Christian or full on Christian. If she is really into it it might cause problems because she would be afraid you would go to hell because you don't believe in Jesus Christ. I know it might sound silly to you but it would be VERY real for her. She would be very insisting for you to convert or if you would ever choose to have kids that your kids would also be Christian. Again it might sound incredibly silly for an Atheist I know because I'm one to but you shouldn't disrespect her for her beliefs. That alone might cause distance between you two because you are both very firm in your beliefs. You might be cool that she is Christian but she won't be cool that you're Atheist because of what her religion teaches happens to those that don't believe and accept Jesus Christ into their lives.

• How can you be attracted to someone you will never agree with? Just curious.

• Because I find different belief systems to be fascinating. Whether or not I believe in them doesn't change how I feel about the person in question. That is just one aspect of a human being as well. I have close friends of many religious beliefs and we can find common ground and have fun. Everything in love comes down to perspective, love, and compromise. :)

• life*

• It will be very dangerous for her to do so. HONOR KILLINGS IN CHRISIANITY:If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB) A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB) ... Read MoreMake ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)Honour killings happen everyday in the states and in Europe its just that they are referred to as domestic violence, even though it was for purely religious purposes