Can you spend too much time with your partner?

I've been seeing a guy for 5 months now. Before that I hadn't really dated for nearly 5 years. I had a best friend turned more than a friend that didn't end well. I'd be lying if I said I didn't initially think of the new guy as a rebound.

However things changed quite quickly. The new guy impressed me more than I expected. But he's quite clingy and everyone can see that he's the "girl" in the relationship. He doesn't even mind such comments! His mom already treats me like a daughter in law and it scares me to death. I guess commitment hasn't been my forte but this is moving way too fast for me. I think it's a bit too late to tell him this since we've kinda set a precedence. He sees no flaws in me. His friends don't see him because he prefers to see me. I think seeing him 3 days in a row is too much. Am I getting in over my head? Above all else I miss the best friend I had. Even though he broke my heart because feelings were mixed I miss our friendship and the advice he had for me. We were bffs for 5 years - not something you can throw away overnight.

Am I too quick to throw in the towel? I like the new guy but he told me he loved me after a month. I think he's confusing lust with love. We don't have much in common. Some days I like having a reliable guy but that can't be it. I'm nearly 30 and don't have time to play around. I feel like a jerk for calling it quits because he's a sweetheart. But he told me once that he'd never break up with me and I'd be the one to break up with him. And that I was his soulmate. I think those kind of comments are quite loaded and what's the point if I don't reciprocate those kind of feelings? He's clearly in it for the long haul and I'm not sure I can say the same.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• did it get better?