Can you get over someone in just an hour?

yesterday had a fight with my boyfriend since he made me wait for him for 5 hours.. and then he broke up with me saying that things were not working between us .. so after an hour I text him saying that I'm sorry if I was too rude (which I wasn't, it was just an excuse to talk to him and work things out) ... and he replied saying .. its cool, I'm over you .. so he got over me in just an hour.. is that even possible? .. and I know he cared about me, he loved me cause I could feel it .. anyway, I then text him that I love him and stuff like that .. but he hasn't text back .. what should I do now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sigh.

You can't get over someone in an hour. He has just done of two things;

- lied about being over you

- or lied about his affection for you.

You don't "know" he cared about you, you only think you know.

What should you do? Give up. He obviously didn't care about you (I was giving you that first option of lying about being over you to give you a scrap of hope)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• I had a boyfriend do something very similar. We got back together and a year later, he still acted that way, but worse. You probably already know this, but never apologize for getting upset over something someone does that is rude to you. You have the right to be upset. He knows what he did was wrong. He has lost respect for you (sorry) and is no longer wanting a relationship. Do not try to contact him. Do your best to focus on you.

• No, he's probably not. He could have said that for a number of reasons, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you forget about it and work on moving on yourself.

• it's over. move on.

you don't break up over something so trivial. find someone more mature.

• i wish it was possible to get over someone in an hour.. sounds like he had already made the decision that the relationship wasn't going to work out he just now got the courage to tell u..