How to make sure she knows it's a date?

I have invited this girl to a sporting event she really wanted to go. We really started talking on a more regular basis since about a month and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to make her happy and get to know her at the same time.

When I called her and asked her, she really was happy. Honestly, her voice was shaking and I'm pretty sure her eyes were in tears. However, I'm not sure if she sees it the same way as I do. Of course, there probably be a walk before the game and a coffee or something after, but how can I make sure to let her aware that this is more than just a ''hey, let's hangout''

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't make it a point to make it aware that it's a date. Treat it as friends. Then ask her to go out (don't say hang out) afterward. See what she says. I would hug and kiss her on the cheek (at least) at the end. This is to avoid "the nice guy" "friend zone"

• Thanks, I asked because I didn't want to fall in that ''nice guy'' ''friend zone'' thing you said, or at least, avoid it

• I meant hug her and kiss her on the cheek at the end of first outing. I wouldn't sit on the phone hours on end either. Just friends and boyfriends do this. You don't want to be just a friend and you're not a boyfriend. So, limit the calls to 20-30min. Don't try to make her chase you and all of that.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• she knows its a date! you don't have to use the word, and honestly its best if you dont. if you pay and act charmingly, she'll get the idea. this is how it should be, go hang out and get to know each other. enjoy each other!

• Yeah, I wasn't really clear enough. I meant what you said. Thanks!

• It's okay if it is "hey, let's hangout". The fact that she wanted to hang out with you is a good thing! Go to the game, have fun, get to know each other- because that is the point isn't it? Getting to know her and having a good time is what counts. It doesn't matter if you call it a date or not. Besides, if it goes well, and you guys keep hanging out one on one, she will know what's up. :)

Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Well I would consider them dates myself. However you could say "hey, come on a date with me". Just use the word "date" and she'll get the picture if she hasn't already.

• If you're paying for it, it's definitely a date.