How to tell your guy you were married before?

So, I recently started dating this guy- been out on 3 dates over 2-3 weeks. We talk on the phone everyday and are getting along pretty well. I like him, I think we have good chemistry (if his kisses are anything to go by) and can see this developing into something nice.

But I would like to tell him I was married before(now divorced for a few yrs)...just don't know how to bring it up with him. Guys...any suggestions?

What Guys Said 1

• i wouldn't stress about it. just tell him when it comes up. don't try to set it up so that it gets brought up or don't dodge it. just be cool and deal with it then. if he is so great then it won't even be a speed bump.

• Thanks for the reply. I would rather have it that way too and tell him when it comes up naturally. My only concern is what if doesn't sort of come up on it's own and he doesn't ask me and before I know it, it's 6 mths into the relationship and I will be thinking to myself that I should've told him sooner.

• if it doesn't come up sooner then it's because he doesn't care either way. I would think anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him if he's been married before? And then just bring it up. If you're really 30-35 I don't think it'd seem like an awkward thing that you've been married before.. people typically have been married by that age. What was awkward for me was telling people when I was dating that I was married and divorced by the age of 22 lol.

• Thanks for the reply. I bet that must have been a bit awkward...so how did you go about it, if you don't mind sharing?