What do you think of online dating?

Would you try it? Is it stupid? Is the stigma really gone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there's no harm in trying. Why limit yourself to only meeting people who are conveniently THERE for you? Why not branch out explore possibilities?

It's like that saying, "There's plenty of fish in the sea"

If you're limiting yourself by only dating people who come to you whenever they come along, that's like only being in a pond. By dating online you're kind of actually venturing out into the sea :)

If that makes sense. I don't know that's just my opinion lol

• it's ironic that the biggest free dating site is called "Plenty of Fish." I don't know if that was intentional or not but it was rather appropriate. :P

What Girls Said 6

• I will never try it and I have my own reasons. One of them is that I can't judge a guy 100% from some online conversation and it's hard for me to judge their true personality that way. Last time I heard someone talk about online dating were these football players and how many girls they slept with or got from plenty of fish.

Not turned on by the idea of dating online. Works for some I guess.

• Nothing is wrong with online dating, but you can't be to naive when you meet someone because they could be anyone, or they could be lying about who they are. You should always be safe about it and never give out personal information until you truly feel like you can trust this person and your sure about it

And you shouldn't just go on any dating site, make sure the site is safe to use and has a good reputation for having dating success.

• Doesn't sound like something I would do or try . . .

I like meeting and talking to guys in person

• tryed it failed!

• I'd be too scared to try it to be honest.

• I guess you can always try it, but I wouldn't resort to it.

What Guys Said 3

• Try it. Every girl is going to treat you like a pervert or rapist until you prove you're not. If only it was the other way around... It's worth a try.

• I'll never hit-on or date anyone online. It just seems a bit weird to me (my own opinion so don't hate lol).

I MIGHT give it a shot as a last resort if I'm still single by the time I'm 30 though.

• I think the stigma was gone immediately. Before the internet there were personals and dating agencies.