I call her by the wrong name and she flipped out

My girlfriend (for a year) and me were making love and I called her by my exes name (they're names sound similar) by mistake. She flips out saying I'm still thinking of her sexually (I do think of her but only as a friend and nothing else.) She started crying and I could say a thing she ran of the room.

Her ex-boyfriend did this to her but it was her best friend who he cheated with. I call her a few times with no answer and I even went her place (once). She her roommate answer it saying she didn't want see to me. I would never even think of cheating on her. The thought cross mind. What do I do?

my girlfriend called me saying she wants see me. we talked for a bit. I said that I was sorry. we work it out. any ideas for me avoding saying the wrong name cause we almost broke up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg that's terrible.

Give her space right now. Don't contact her for awhile. And make up a plan.

Not just random, flowers, and stuff.

I mean, start from zero. As if you were trying to get her to go out with you again.

Write a letter (explaining your side, and how sorry you are), write how you feel. She needs a lot of reassurance from you, so just let all your feelings for her flow, in the letter. Tell her you love her, and you'll do anything for her to talk to you. Don't tell her to call you or text you or anything. Just end the letter with something sweet. Or something that will bring her back to memories of you and her.

Then the next day, or a couple of days after, send her flowers. Leave it somewhere where you know she will get it. Like, at her place, or at her work, or somewhere. Have someone deliver it. She is still mad, so having someone else deliver it will be a sweet suprise for her.

(Well I can keep going but I'll stop here. Because I'm sure you already know waht to do).

The point here is to make her go back to the past. The good memories. When you and her were happy. When she felt SECURE. She misses you for sure. We just have to help her put her guard down, and help her see that you do love her.

What Girls Said 10

• You are really in trouble. I know it's not your fault, and it's only natural at a time of release to revert a little and forget who you're with. I've had this happen myself!

But you can't expect her to be reasonable in this situation Pray that her friend or roommate will get her to change her mind, because you probably can't. Especially if she hasn't been with anyone else.it's likely she won't calm down EVER. And I would guess she wouldn't have started crying if she had been with anyone else.then she would have understood to SOME degree.

Never bring it up with her and don't try to explain. That will just make it worse.

• YOU NEED TO GIVE HER TIME SHELL GET OVA IT BUT IT WOULD MAKE THINGS BETTER IF You LIKE LEAVE ROSES AT HE DOOR AND SLIDE LOVE NOTES UNDER HER DOOR You KNOW KUTE STUFF LIKE DAT TO MAKE HER LOVING SIDE KOME OUT SO You KAN EXPLAIN TO HER HOW You FEEL.OR HOW BOUT THAT DONT KALL HER WRITE HER HOW You FEEL AND EXPLAIN TO HER WHAT HAPPENED THEN SLIP THE NOTE UNDER HER DOOR IN AN ENVOLOPE LOL.THATS KUTE THEN You DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HER CUSSIN You OUT OR HANGIN UP ON You WHILE UR TRYIN TO EXPLAIN URSELF

• I wouldn't go too long without contacting her. I know my biggest thing when I'm upset is that if I go awhile without hearing from the guy then I think he just doesn't care. So call her, at least once a day, even if she doesn't answer. And leave little notes for her on her car, outside her place, at her work. Let her know you are constantly thinking of her (and ONLY her) and how sorry you are. Don't stop, even if she doesn't reach back out to you. Keep trying. If she's any kind of girl she'll realize you're human and you made a mistake and that you aren't anything like her ex. She should forgive you.

Afterall, when you're in a relationship with someone for that long it kinda become second nature to say their name and you don't even think about it. It's a mistake, yes, but not unforgiveable. She should realize how much you love her.

Hope it works out for the best.

• This is worse than calling her fat. You need to grovel, and not just with the typical flowers and chocolate. You've been dating a year, so think of something really creative to prove that you know her and what she likes and that you are aware that she is not your ex-girlfriend. It's going to take awhile, but apologize profusely, maybe cry, and hopefully she will realize that it was just a mistake. Good luck.

• Try not to think about the other girl during waking hours.that might lessen the chance you will think of her at moments of passion.but really, you're only human!

• You TOTALLY SCREWED UP! If you truly care about this girl, you better get "old school" and buy her a card, write her a letter and pour your heart out, get her flowers, buy her candy, get creative. You have to understand that you deeply hurt her, especially since this type of thing has already happened to her in the past; now she is not only dealing with the pain you caused her, but she is also re-living the past pain she felt with her ex! You have opened up an old wound, and now she feels undesirable, or second best, AGAIN! Good luck, and happy ass kissing!

• Think about the name before you say it.

• Oh, boy did you f*** up. Get her a gift and hope that works. If it does, try not to say any names while having sex again!

• ohh nooo, actlike your depressed.

Tell your friends to tell her that too.

• well duh. that's pretty messed up. just think of how it would feel if she called out her ex's name during sex. how would you feel?

What Guys Said 6

• I really feel for you, anonymous. This happened to me once too. Women don't forgive this in my experience, unless it has happened to them as well. It's only normal to 'forget' who you're with during sex, after all. You're in a state of ecstasy, no, and your frontal lobe has released its hold on you.

But don't try making excuses to her. Just give her time and see if other people will be able to get her to calm down. I don't think there's anything you can say.

Of course you still think of your ex that way. It's really unreasonable of her to think you wouldn't.

But you know what? Sometimes the females just aren't reasonable!

• No guy should think of their ex in a sexual way if they are with another woman.if you still think of an ex that way then go be with her instead of your current girlfriend.

• You can wail about how a guy shouldn't think that way but every single one of us does. We don't forget our exes and there's no reason we should, especially if we had an intimate relationship.

I've known women who've done the same thing, though not with me personally...it's part of life, after all.

• So,how did it turn out? Just curious. It took me months to make up for this.

• You could try to do something really embarrassing to try and show her that you will do anything to get her back. If you know her favorite love song get a speaker and when she is at her place serenade her. You could dress up in some way that may be embarrassing for you and stand on her corner reading love notes about her. Something like that. Good luck man you will need it.

• Wowww. Some sort of epic failure on your behalf. :\

Leave her alone for a week and let her calm down and bitch with her girlfriends about you :P

Then after a week, do something really romantic like flowers and a night out and apologise a lot.

• Damn, that's a hell of an error to make. I hate to say this, but I think you blew your realtionship to smithereens. But you never know, time might heal all wounds but don't count on it.

• re phrase this what you'll do if she called you by her ex , think before you answer me or answer you're self , anyway give her time and try to avoid contacting her because it will make it worse ,

try to check on her by her friends ,wait for a while then try to talk to her .good luck

• keep saying you'r girlfriend name always that way you'll never confused again .