How did you meet your boyfriends, ladies?

in a bar, through mutual friends, etc.? How did he approach you? Did you approach him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Through a friend of a friend. My [ex] friend was having this thing with a guy we both know, and he'd texted her mentioning that his friend wanted to meet me. He'd split up with his wife only a few days before that, so initially I believe all he was looking for was a rebound one night stand of sorts. I didn't know any of that beforehand, and thought it was unusual that he wanted to meet me, only because that kind of thing doesn't generally happen to me. But I figured, what the hell, why not? So I guess technically he 'approached me'.

We actually had our first meeting at a crack-house, lmao. We were introduced, talked for hours, ended up hitting it off, and he asked for my number later that night. No one night stand. =P We hung out in mixed company a few more times before he invited me over to his house to hang out one on one. I slept with him later that night just because it felt right. He held and cuddled me for the rest of the night, and we woke up exactly as we'd fallen asleep. Normally I toss and turn, get antsy being confined in someone's arms for so long, and take forever to get to sleep. But I've never been so comfortable with someone in my life, and fell asleep easier and quicker than I ever have with another person. We both came to the conclusion that we wanted to be together for real, exclusively, about a week later. The rebound one night stand idea flew out the window that first day we hung out together by ourselves, lol, and now we couldn't be more into each other.

What Girls Said 6

• Well we both happened to be transferring to the same school and we got the same orientation date and he happened to see me in line and then there was an open spot at my table and he took it. Pure fate, or luck for those of you who don't believe in fate. I like it, I think it's an adorable story and I don't think I'd ever change it. I like the idea that something higher out there guided us to each other, all these small bits of luck all clicking at just the right time. Not to mention I was in a relationship when we first met at orientation. But we kept in touch afterward and a month later when my boyfriend broke up with me and I asked him on a date... We clicked.

• Well I met my boyfriend in high school nine years ago but we never really talked to each other until recently. I ran into him a few months ago at a bar and my friends and his friends played a few rounds of pool together. We hit it off really well and we realized we had a lot in common. He invited me out with his friends every weekend after that. And we just started hanging out more and more until a little over a month ago when we officially became a couple.

• It's actually funny. He was friends with my ex. But once we broke up, he took initiative and he was pretty persistent. But he is a sweet guy, so I am glad I gave in.

• My ex and I were internet friends and then we knew that we were at the same university, so after years of friendship, he told me that he loved me lol.

• we met on a school trip to prison.

• Friend of a friend of a friend. We partied together one night. I showed interest, but he made the first move.

What Guys Said 1