"I don't want a relationship with anyone right now"?

Ok guys. Excuse or could be for real. What are the chances of it being for real?

Most Helpful Girl

• im a girl but, I honestly think that it could be for real that they just don't wan't a relationship right now. I was seeing this guy for 8 months and talking to him for about a year and he wanted to date me but I just didn't want a relationship or to be "exclusive", even though he did. and I REALLY liked him too! I ended up changing my mind because he wanted to still date me and I ended up saying sure and we've been together for 2 years now! but at the time I just didn't want a boyfriend, I just liked the way things were going as they were. hope I helped !

What Guys Said 4

• It's most likely legit... I'm confused as to how it would be an "excuse" or how it being genuine changes anything

• Sometimes a guy could use it as an excuse not to be with one particular girl

• in which case why would you want him?

if it was a lie, would you still want to be with him? if it was true, you can't be with him,. so what is the point of disseminating this?

& I have never wanted to be in a relationship- I have to much to sort out and do first they'd be getting a very preoccupied me. so I'm sure he could be honest. by why not ask him?

• Why do yoou think it's not for real in the first place? Would someone say something like that if they didn't believe it? Why?

• That would be real if it was me. I'm definitely not interested in any relationship at all at this time. There are so many things I want to do in my life before committing myself to a girl. But hey I don't know that guy so I can't speak for him you know?

• It's an excuse. If the attraction was hot enough, if the woman was too good a catch to let slip by, he'll be 'ready' for a relationship.

• As far as physically he's stuck around for quite awhile. So, the attraction's there. So, I guess I just question the emotional part.

What Girls Said 6

• Could be for real. I think there have been times for all of us where we don't really want a relationship at that time. I know that I've been there myself. I've told guys that, and it was legit.. not an excuse. I had too much going on in my life at that point that I didn't have the time or energy to put into a relationship, especially a new one.

• We don't know the guy. That definitely could be legitimate, but we can't tell you the chances.

• it can be for real, especially if the person just got out of a serious relationship that ended up by him hurt.

• I have used it as an excuse. When am I not looking for a relationship? Oh yeah, never.

• for some of the play boy types, it's true

but for others, it's just a ncie way to reject you

• Basically, it means-

I don't want a relationship WITH YOU.

Sorry. :/

• We're FWB for about 9 months now. I just wonder if he doesn't just enjoy the convenience and really doesn't want one right now with anyone. He says he does want a family when the time is right.So, I don't know.

• I told him if he's ever ready for one with anyone to let me know as soon as possible before he even meets someone. I've tried many times to walk away. I'm too attached.

• Precisely.