Misled a guy about my age, do I need to tell him?

I may have misled a guy about my age. I have accomplished things in my life that most people my age won't for another 5 years. The guy is in his late 20's, probably 7-9 years older than me. I am sure that the guy is basing my age off my accomplishments. He has not asked me how old I am but if he did I would tell him the truth. Do I need to tell him or can I just wait until he asks?

For everyone who said I should tell him, how do I bring it up without making a big deal out of it? I am over 18 so he is not in any legal danger BTW.

Most Helpful Guy

• As you become older, age is less and less important. It's obviously not an issue for him, otherwise he would have asked you. Tell him if you like, but don't be too worried, I'm sure he doesn't really care how old you are.

What Guys Said 8

• just don't worry about it. you don't have to think of a clever way to bring it up. if he cares he will ask. if he don't ask, guess what...he don't give a S#!T. we really are much more simple creatures than ya'll make us out to be. it will come up on its own naturally without anybody thinking about it if you are together long enough. and if he had some hell bent probelem with dating a certain age the dude would have said "hey before this goes any further, I will not date a girl younger than 21.7 years old!"...or whatever.

but I know your a girl and your going to freak out about it until your itch is scratched, lol. so if it's that big of a deal to you and you just can't sleep till the scab is picked clean off, then just call him right now and state your name and your age and demand that he tell you what he feels about that. but seriously...relax. people who are turned off by stupid things like age...consider yourself lucky that you have eliminated them and don't have to waste anytime on them. what is meant to be will be. it's all in God's plan.

• If you're over 18, just consider it his lucky day and don't worry about it.

• age don't matter as long as your legal and not setting the guy up for some trouble. and if he has a problem with it then he just has a problem with it. he is going to find out anyway. ofcourse you should tell him. what are your other options, be a liar? and for how long? what if things go great and then you tell him later and then he is gonna dump you for being a liar and being all undercover.

• If you want to make sure things are going smooth and in the right direction, tell him just to be clear and make sure there's no problems with it let him know. As long as both or of legal age then their adults capable of making their own decisions.

• This is easy. Tell him or just toss your driver license somewhere he can see it. I don't usually ask a girl for her age. I just say "can I see your driver's license, I'll show you mine."

• tell him...you don't want to start a relationship based on lies...

• I would come clean. He deserves to know

• I'm going to lie to my girlfriend and tell her I'm actually 17, and she might be an undercover pedo.

What Girls Said 12

• Age doesn't matter, if he was really bothered he'd have asked surely, if your unsure just creep it up in conversation as it seems your unsure about his age too, don't think anythings going to change because you don't know what's about to happen, if he really geninely likes you it shouldn't be a problem.

• Well he didn't ask you so basically you are not hiding anything. But maybe if one day he gets to know then he might snap and be like this is too much of a difference you should have told me earlier and he might not care. So I think tell him now and don't wait til you get more attached to him just in case :)

And about how you should bring it up. When you guys are out somewhere, better if it's dinner where you can easily talk, tell him " listen, I need to tell you something. I realized that you've never asked about my age and you might no realize there's an big age difference between us. So I thought you should know I'm **years old. I don't want you to think that I wanted to hide it from you, you just never asked and I don't want you to get shocked later on. So you better know now"

• Tell him the truth and accept the consequences. Hope he understands for your sake if not hope that's a lesson learned don't lie about your age!

• I don't believe that she ever told him an age. It looks like he just assumed that she's older because of what she's done with her life thus far.

• Say something like "I wonder if I'll feel any different when I'm __ "

Or if last year you had a great birthday party/celebration, find a context to say "Wow that reminds me of the wild time I had for my __ th birthday last year"

Find some way to casually bring it up :) You'll sleep with a clearer conscience.

• Wait till he asks unless you are under 18 (I know what the account age says but I've found them to not always be accurate). Ultimately your maturity levels will play a role in how things unfold not the age difference. Unless it can cause a legal issue he can figure out your age with time.

• That's weird to me that he hasn't asked. That's probably one of the first things I want to know. How did you find out his age?

• Tell him. He probably won't care but if he does, you want to know now.

• Well he doesn't seem to care about your age, If he did he probably would have asked you already

• You can bring it up by asking him when his birthday is.

• No one should believe in anything that has not been proved to him to be true. May be he already knows your age, but doesn't care. If he cares, he should not jump into any conclusion about your age. He has to ask. So, this leads to another assumption ... if he doesn't care... So, if you care, and you don't want relationship with someone of his age, you should just start a conversation with him about this, frankly. If you don't care, and he doesn't care... why bother raising this up as an issue?

• Hell yes you have to tell him...if you want any kind of a serious relationship. perhaps he won't think it's that bad...

• Just tell him. It's not like you lied to him. You just didn't tell him how old you are!