Arranging a date over text?

I just met a girl last night at a party. Before I left I got her number and we've been texting back and forth. I likely won't see her again unless I make plans with this girl sooo...

Is it wrong to arrange a date over text?

Have you ever been asked out over text?

What are the best ways to ask a girl out if doing it in person is not possible?

What about just asking her over text if she'll be available on x day and calling later to setup the actual date?

• Yes it's okay
  • No it's not okay

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been asked out via text and it doesn't bother me. Just ask her what her plans are that coming week,then ask her out!

Good luck!:)

What Girls Said 5

• I think it depends on what you want from a date with a girl and what she wants also. If some guy asked me out on a date via text and asked me to meet him somewhere, I would consider it lazy or not that interested or just interested in sex. If that's mutually acceptable, then it is. I wouldn't do that with a girl you were really serious about.

• More like I just met her and want to meet for coffee. I asked if she was free this week and it turns out she's not. I would have called a couple of days beforehand to setup a time and place though.

• It depends on how well you know her. If you know her closely, just texting her "hey, up for a movie on Saturday?" works. If you don't really know her, then it's kind of weird.

• It's better if it's in person, but it doesn't matter if it's over text either..

• if you can text, then you can call

• the guy that I'm dateing right now ask me out on our first date by text. I actually didn't mind how he asked I just like he ask me out.

What Guys Said 0