She never texts me first, does that mean she's not interested?

I have a girl whom I really like that I've known for 6 months. She's shy and has given me signs that she likes me by teasing me, giggling, a little blushing, long eye contact, incessant smiling when she sees me, and looking a little nervous when we talk. We converse via texting as I rarely see her and we tease each other but she has never texted me first. Is she even interested in me? Why do women never initiate texts with a guy they like?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a guy I'm really into.. like a lot! and I never texted him first, he always texts first so we could hang out and he texted I think about 4-5 times. I'm not bothered by it at all, in fact I hardly ever initiated a conversation online with him.. only once or twice I think when he's already initiated over 30 times lol... And I'm not really planning on texting him first despite how much I like him.

So no way, if she's shy there's probably no chance she'll text first, sometimes you should count yourself lucky if you get a response cause I have friends who wouldn't even text back ! And if you've been seeing signs like that then there's a good chance she's into you.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• She wants to see if you'll still come after her if she dosen't text you first. She wants to know if you really DO like her, whereas if she were to text YOU first, she'd feel like the chaser. OR she dosen't want to seem "annoying". I have a friend who does this, waits for the guy to text first, because she dosen't want to seem too "interested" so that he'll come back. Strategy. :)

• those girls are dumb. Its the exact same problem with guys--who wants to seem annoying or clingy? Its just pure laziness and because women can usually just sit on their asses and have guys come up to them like a feeding trough.

• sometimes girls believe the guy should do all the work (I don't but some do) and also, maybe she feels the way I do but I also feel like I annoy the guy when I text him..like any guy I text first I feel like they look at the phone and be like "oh great what does she want?" or something like that I don't know maybe I'm just paranoid I don't know lol

• it sounds like she wants the man to be the man and do the chasing. If she's answering you back then she's interested. Also, why don't you pick up the phone and call instead of texting?

What Guys Said 2

• As a guy, I always thought that the girl would initiate sometimes if she gave a damn. I always thought that there's a reason she's not texting first at least once in a while. The reason would be that there is another guy who she actually cares about and is texting HIM first. all these girls on here are seemingly proving me wrong. Hopefully.

• stop texting her first then