Anyone use Plenty Of Fish?

I'm really embarrassed about maybe signing up for it. I really have nothing to lose, but I don;t want someone I know seeing me on there. You know how you can look at a few pages for free, I saw this cute guy I wanted to message up - but is there a way of contacting him without showing like a pic or a name. Like until I get more comfortable.. like I will prob show it to him.. I just don't know if I want my face plastered up there or if I Wanted to join.. cause I hear plenty of fish is just for hook ups or people who can't find anyone in real life :(

Any advice or thoughts or experiences with the site?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have an account with plenty lack of fish and I don't care what anybody thinks about it. My x saw it and mentioned it to me. So she knows I'm on there. To say it's for somebody who can't find anybody in real life, who might those people be? Could it be someone who's employment doesn't allow a real social life at the right time to meet someone? Or what about someone who's shy and may not have a good set of social skills? What I don't like about the site is the abundance of rudeness from those who don't have enough thoughtfulness to answer back, but I've learned from them so I don't answer those who I don't like either. It's also disappointing on account of those who open accounts and never log in again. So what if someone sees you who knows you, and? I'm a old guy who's attracted younger, so it's basically a waste of time for me on any dating site as I've learned. But you're a chic so you'll probably get tones of messages. Sing up, what do you have to lose?

• do you think I could message that guy and give him a photo that way. if he doesn't answer then he not interested right?

• really? lol he didn't look like a spammer.. I don't know the person below was mentioning that he might be back? He was online today ( when I noticed him) and by the night his account was closed :( ha ha I feel rejected when nothing happened :P but you still think should give the site ago?

• Ya you should give it a try to see if you like it. I had bad luck with it, but that's because of my circumstances being my age. But I've seen some really knock out chics on that site, so the site isn't for rejects or anything, rather for people who have a hard time getting out meeting others :D

What Guys Said 2

• No experience on dating sites to be honest, but you shouldn't be embarrassed to post you picture. When people approach me online and I can't see their face I get very suspicious, why doesn't this person let me see them, what are they hiding and it makes them less interesting to me.

• I was going to tell him my name and send him a pic that way.. I would just be getting started I just don't want to be up there and someone who knows me knows I'm on the site lol.

• ye won't hurt now will it? just a heads up don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• yeah I learned that the hard way a few months ago :P

• plenty of fish ain't sh*t

• have you had any luck? do you think if I made an account and message a guy and gave him my photo and name that way would it be ok?

• you have a better chance meeting someone on girlsaskguys than on plentyoffish

What Girls Said 2

• i used to be on there, but I forgot my password and I stopped caring lol but my friend met her boyfriend on there and they have been together for almost 3 years now and are talking about marriage. I met my boyfriend on here, not looking just he answered a question. Don't be embarrassed, I was too at first but internet dating is becoming very common, so just try it out.

• well, I made an account in there. I never messaged a guy first, they always messaged me. I meet two guys from there. One we are still friends, the other one we are still dateing and the good thing is that we all go to the same university so it has made things a little bit easier. about the pictures you can always just not upload one and then if the guy ask you for one send it by email or add him on Facebook. You can always use it as something to do whenever you are bored, I always thought I was using it for that until I found someone I really liked and luckily it worked, lol.

• do you think it bad I message a guy first? I was going to send him a photo.. what do you think? and tricks of the trade I should know.

• oh and if there guys that have like professional photographs is it less likely that is actually them in the photo?

• yeah, I don't get a good feeling about professional pictures lol. and good luck on that site