Why doesn't he text me back?

We're friends on Facebook and we do text and he usually responds very quickly, but then he'll randomly stop, or just not answer if it's me initiating a conversation.

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no excuse for that, I know how you feel. A girl I was dating for a while would never contact me first, and every once in a while when I did make the effort to reach out to her she wouldn't even reply. I understood she was busy but I had enough of that and just stopped contacting her.

There's only a few possibilities. He's SUPER shy (I mean come on it's a text/IM), he doesn't care that much about you and only responds when he really wants to (I have female friends text me that I read and just forget to respond cause I'm doing something. If I really liked her I would stop and reply right away), or he's playing mind games to make it seem like he's not interested but actually is, to make you fall for him even more.

What Guys Said 2

• You really won't be able to tell until you ask, and even then he might not be truthful.

1. Busy with something

2. Not sure what to say

3. Playing mind games

4. Battery is dead

• He just may be a shy guy. I have a problem with shyness and I never know what to say next.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he just has no time