I am a 29 year old female, and my 19year old guy friend recently told me he wants to start seriously dating.

I have been friends with this guy for a while, and he recently told me that he wants to start a serious relationship with me. I am a little hesitant because of the age difference, but we get along great and have a lot in common. Do you think this is bad because of the ten year age difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you think he is very mature for his age and he is ready for serious relationship then give him a chance. He might make you very happy. Just don't make age as a problem. He likes you and you like him that all matter.

• Thanks, I like your answer, and yes he is very mature for his age. I don't exactly act my age anyways. thinking about how I am able to tell him anything, no matter how personal, I think I will give it a try. Thanks

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think it's bad.

The age difference could be a big problem. Or it might be a minor problem, or not a problem at all. The only way to know is to try.

But you know him better than we do, so if you think you have a lot in common and get along well, I say go for it!

• Age is merely a number. The keys things to worry about are maturity level and how well you get along with the other person.

Maturity is not something that can be taught, but it something that is learned over time. If the other person's maturity level and yours don't match up than there will be conflicts. It's easy to be friends with people who have different maturity levels, but it's completely different to have a serious long term relationship. Limit time with some who's maturity level isn't the same as yours is fun because it's like experiencing a different side of things from another point of view, but this novelty wears thin when it's a constant thing.

Just because two people get along for short term get-togethers won't mean they're compatible for full relationship. The key is can you see yourself being with the person through more that just a short period of time? Can you do multiple things together? Is the person someone who you can turn to if you have a problem and want someone to talk to?

Age won't play a difference in either of those two things listen above. Some people can be very mature despite a young age. While an age gap may limit some hobbies or interests, people can span lots of things over all ages.

Age is only a big deal if you want to make it one. But for the most part age really is just a number.

• Believe it or not, we are able to do a lot together. I am not a club person, so that part doesn't matter. He is very mature. I think we are at the same maturity level because I don't act like a typical 29 years old anyway. And I can talk to him about anything, no matter how silly or personal. I feel like I just answered my own question about if I should date him. yes, I should.

• Well there you go. You knew the answer all along, you just didn't see it.

What Girls Said 4

• i realize I'm young and all.

but thanks to my brothers I've grn up around older people.

anyways.

i think if he's mature enough and you think he could handle a seriuos relationship.

you shoukld give it a try.

dont doubt him just becaus he's younger.

• Maybe he`s only interested in you for sex because ur older than him and he figures that maybe u`ve been around and might be good in bed...

• I think when rich or famous men do it and even marry with their daughters why we can not do that.!?really if there is an equality in men and women right then we have to do it.Personally I wait to be a rich middle age and unattractive woman then marry to a young,pretty,handsome guy in my son age.

• I don't think it would be an issue at all. If he is mature for his age & the two of you have a lot of fun together I wouldn't worry about it. I'm seeing a guy who is 16 years older than me! But we have a lot of fun & also have a lot in common. She shouldn't matter if the two of are happy.