Guys that pull away after dating for a while...do they come back?

I met this guy who was totally into me, I met his friends, he would tell me about his family and open up to me all the time. He was so into me and he told me that he wouldn't be able to like any other girl now that he has met me and wanted to make a long term relationship. I wasn't so sure about him but I did like him. I was datng him to see if he th right one, but within 2 weks I did realize I like him a lot and do and want to make it offcial. Things started to get serious, we started to get closer and closer by each day (emotinally close). then he just disappeared on me, he's beome so distant now. I read in a book called women are from venus, men are from mars..that guys pull away then they come back wanting you more? I'm really confused abiout this guy and don't know how to handle the situation, but I really do like him ALOT

Most Helpful Girl

• Alot of times when you are dating someone you just never really know how they trully feel about you even if they show it. Usually when they show it they mean it but this guy like some few was just not as into as it seema dn then eventually pull out when you least expect it. There was a reason for it that you probably will never know or understand but guys like this do this to avoid confrontation and hurting your feelings. He could have been dating another hirl and liked her more and didn't care to leave you hangin like that or he probably got bored or scared that yall were getting too close and so he backed out like some guys do that. When it all comes down to it, he wasn't serious enough obviously to continue on what yall were doin so that means he wasn't that into it and not the guy for you. Now if he comes back, he could never have a good enough excuse to justify what he did. He could have called and told you something about why he has to go or whatever. Usually if a guy leaves and then comes back like that is off of rebound reasons. Maybe he got back with his ex, put you on the back burner and when things didn't wrk out, he would just come back to you. Who knows. Thing is don't make it easy for him if he does. You don't take that from no man because what he did was very inconsiderate towards you.

What Guys Said 2

• honestly it depends... for me I would go back to certain girls that I truly liked. truly liked by not only them being cute but having a good character that I appreciated. there are girls that go beyond expectations and for them we do all kinds of crazy weird things that don't make any sense...

• Maybe he felt like he was the only one putting something in, and to test if you would put your foot forward he shyed away to see if you liked him enough to pursue him. Which by the sounds of it you didn't.

What Girls Said 2

• You should read He's Just Not That Into You. Yes there are always exceptions but remembering that little phrase does more help than harm. It's almost kind of refreshing. I remind myself of that a lot when it comes to my ex-boyfriend or anyone I have just met. Yes it doesn't ALWAYS apply but it usually does. When he wants to be with you and cut the crap, he'll be with you. Take some time to get over him and move on. Maybe something different will happen one day that is over the top and some romantic gesture you see in the movies but for now just move on. It'll take time but TRUST ME you can do it.

When I think about how much I like someone but their behavior doesn't reflect them liking me a lot, it puts the situation in perspective. Do you really want to be with a guy you like A LOT who doesn't want to be with you? I don't know you, but I know you are a way better woman than that and deserve much more.

• the guys I've known pulled away because they were scared of my std. so if there's really anything you discussed seriously or that you would think most guys wouldn't like, maybe it scared him. trust me guys can just up and disappear over things you had no idea they were worried over.

just use communication...force it outta him