Why hasn't he called?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me about a month ago. We were in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years. We were deeply in love, but we argued a lot, and in the midst of our last fight, he said he didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. He called about 5 days later and said that he wanted to talk to me when I came home. We ended it on the phone and felt that there were some unresolved issues to discuss. I'm going home in a couple of days and I was wondering if I should call or text him that I'm coming home? I'm also wondering why he hasn't called. Is he waiting for me to call him? Should I just wait until I get home and see if he calls me? Its been so long (at least it's felt like an eternity) that I feel like he may not want to talk anymore. HELP!?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Well I hate to be blunt and say it but I honestly think that you two should just keep going your different ways. I have a friend that's in the same boat as you, some days there up, some days there down, some days he doesn't give a crap and others he's too busy for her. Relationships are hard work but they shouldn't be so hard that your at war with each other/not seeing eye to eye. You really need someone that's there for you and you can see everyday and see how they react when you argue or talk. Its so easy to get sucked into texting, emailing or talking on the phone because you can read into the unsaid. When you have someone in front of you and you see there facial reactions then you know how the person actually feels. I know you love him but if he loved you as much as he said he would make time for you and you would be a priority on his list not an after thought. And as for calling, he should reach out to you. I don't care if his fingers are broken if he really loved you he would be trying to get ahold of you and figuring out how to make this work. But really long distance relationships are long and painful things because people just grow apart and move in different paths. If you two were meant to be together you will come back together but the best thing you can do for yourself is to just carry on without the burden of a long distance relationship.

• Question asker, I'm in almost an identical situation right now! It sucks so bad, not gonna lie. But this answer above is just great.

• So he called me last night and asked if I needed a ride home from the airport. Then later in the conversation, I asked if he wanted to get coffee next week and he said its not a good idea we see each other. He just offered to pick me up from the airport? I stayed on the phone with him only to hear him say the odds are stacked up against us being in a long distance relationship and that he thinks about me 1,000 times a day. Talking did not make me feel better, and I'm still confused...

• He's done with the relationship. If he wanted to be with you he would be fighting to make it work not coming up with excuses on why it won't work. He's only "thinking" about you and telling you he is because he wants to see if you will be his back up girl. Like I said if he really loved you then he would move mountains to show you how much he wants you but he's not so move on now rather than later because holding onto this will just make it hurt more.