Should I take a date to my friend's wedding?

Hello everyone? Just a quick question about taking a date to a wedding. I am currently not dating anyone, but have thought a little about asking a girl to go with me. I've talked with this girl a few times, but nothing really beyond just a few minutes.

What are your thoughts? Should I ask her to go with me to this wedding? If I do, do you think we should go out before then so that a wedding isn't our first date? I normally wouldn't push for a date so much, but almost all of my friends are in relationships currently and I wonder if I will look weird being one of the only single ones there. Thanks!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see anything wrong with asking. BUT a lot of girls think going to a wedding with someone is a big deal. Although it isn't always true, a lot of people think that when you bring a date to a wedding that you are thinking of one day marrying your date. Going to a wedding with a guy tends to be a big step in a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• Why not? Chicks dig weddings, and worst comes to worst and she says no, you can always try to pick up a bridesmaid.