Does age matter at all?

About to go on a date with a guy that is six years older...i'm 20 so is that ok?

thanks everyone, I guess I am asking because some people make it a big deal. I will just go on this first date and see how it goes. He is driving an hour out to go out with me
went on the date with the guy but it didn't work

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it depends more on where you are in life. for example you can be 53 and the guy can be 59 and you both are at around the same point in your lives. however if you're younger its a larger portion of your life, and when your young life changes fast. for example you can be in middle school while he's about to go to college, so in life you two are veeery far apart. so I think age matters somewhat, but it really depends on the situation

What Guys Said 4

• Nah it doesn't matter. My dad is 12 years older than my mom o_o

• Sure. I once did 10 years younger. Depends on you. When it's not right, you'll know.

• Nope...Cancel the date right meow! Totally not acceptable!

• NO. :-D

What Girls Said 7

• On with the next. :-)

• Six years isn't that big of a deal. In fact, I read that the ideal is 5 - 7 years older (male). This was stated because of certain aspects of men and women age differently.

On the other hand, I read that men die, on average, at a younger age than women (or their spouses). So, maybe a younger man is better LOL.

Of course, it is just a date. Have fun.

• My age was changing of course, but I have dated guys 3 years younger to 6 years older also. It really comes down to the age being a factor for you personally or not, just like chemistry, compatibility, etc. If one makes it a factor, it will be one. If not, both your ages are simply numbers. I wouldn't worry, I'm not a guy, but driving an hour for your date, I would doubt the age difference matters to him. Just see what happens and have fun!

• if you really like the guy then age doesn't matter, 6 years isn't a very big gap anyway so go for it!

• i dated a guy 7 years older than me once; it wasn't a big deal.

• who cares! about age!:D

• I dated a guy that was 6 years older than me for 2 months. There's nothing wrong with it if you're both comfortable with the age difference. If it bothers you that much, don't go. But if you're worried what other people think and like him, then age is irrelevant.

Have a fun date!