What am I doing wrong?

So I have this problem with talking to women. Honestly, with everyone that I meet, I just want to be friends. But I'll start talking and for some reason I can tell they are thinking that I want to try and hook up with them or something. It's not like I'm talking about dating or anything, it's usually just basic ice breaker stuff. Should I not bother trying to talk to women I see at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be body language or maybe they aren't mature. I admit that sometimes I think that about some guys, but usually it's because they're too friendly, like way way too friendly ;)

What Girls Said 1

• well from the media and from parents all a girl hears is that 'guys only want one thing' of course that's not always true, but you have to be careful because (depending on the situation) if guys approach a girl that usually is what it means.

What Guys Said 1

• It's got to be your subjects. Are you making sexual references? If your making sex jokes, no matter how casual, it's not the best way to break the ice.