Would an Asian-American have a better chance at dating someone other than an Asian girl?

So I just found out that research shows Asian men ranks the lowest in desirability. I think this is because a lot of women have some preconceived notion that we do not speak English and only date other Asian girls. Let's also not forget that most people think we have tiny d***s lmao. To my question though... Would an Asian-American have a better chance at dating someone other than an Asian girl? I feel like all Asian guys are grouped together into 1 category when there should be 2. There's the Asian guy that just came from his country then there are ones that are born here. I've just never been that attracted to Asian girls. I've only had Asian girls tell me I was attractive and only 1 white girl in my lifetime (which I f***ed up cause I was scared sh*tless). I can fluently speak English. The only thing I can see turning girls away is the fact that I'm a skinnier fellow and girls seem to like a stockier build (which they define as masculine). It was actually stated in the research that girls didn't like Asian guys because of how feminine we are which is true that I see a lot of feminine Asian guys. If an Asian guy approached you would you immediately think he can't speak English? Would you assume he is nerdy? Well, I am nerdy as I LOVE computers and my hobbies but I do not watch anime and all that good stuff. So many thoughts rush through my head when I want to approach a girl that is not Asian that I always p**** out at the last second lol. I don't want to make it sound like I have something against Asian girls. It's just I have honestly always found white, black and Latinas to be very pretty. Even my parents urge me to meet a white girl because they think 1/2 white 1/2 Asian babies are cute lol. Sometimes I wish the internet didn't exist so I didn't look these things up.. With all that is said though, I am proud to be Asian. I do not "wish" I was something else... It's just a bit disheartening to read the results from that experiment.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I just found out that research shows Asian men ranks the lowest in desirability." Is this real research, with randomized sampling, a large data set, and professional surveyors, or is this a half-dozen undergrads with notebooks? Most "research" is straight junk. Don't take it for granted that it's worthwhile.

"I think this is because a lot of women have some preconceived notion that we do not speak English and only date other Asian girls." No one who has met Asians in real life think this, *especially* not in the US.

"I've only had Asian girls tell me I was attractive and only 1 white girl in my lifetime (which I f***ed up cause I was scared sh*tless)." This, is the heart of your problem; it's not that you're Asian, it's that you're fearful. For a girl, it's just not hot if he's scared of you.

"It was actually stated in the research that girls didn't like Asian guys because of how feminine we are..." Again with the research! I read stuff like this and my bullsh*t detectors go off. Why don't yours?

Man, go for what you want to go for, Asian or not. White girls, black girls, Latinas--they're girls, not space aliens, not wild beasts, but girls. Meet them, talk to them, take them out, and nature takes its course.

And for heaven's sake, don't believe what you read on teh internets unless you're *sure* the author knows what they're talking about, and doesn't have an axe to grind.

• Sound advice. I think I get fearful because I think of all the things that can go wrong and the fact there's only 1 right outcome which is that she would be willing to give me a chance.

• "you're better off being fearless than perfect" that is so true man... I just wish I could get over this fear as it is definitely a weakness and do not blame women at all for finding this unattractive. One day...

• Courage is a habit. Learn it.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 12

• I used to live in Tokyo and dated a few guys out there, I've always found east Asian men very attractive. Asian men, especially east Asian men are growing in popularity due to Japan's pop culture gaining popularity among our youth. We have lots of Japanophiles that would rather date Asian guys than anything else so I wouldn't worry. Look at the dates on that study, the 80's and early 90's were very anti-Japan (which to most "western" people might as well be all of Asia) due to the media coverage at the time. There was a lot of negativity towards their car industry and electronic industry basically taking over and shutting American companies down. Of course that is just competition and had nothing to do with Asian men themselves but media is powerful, and it caught on that Asia = Bad. Now China is getting a bad rap and people are starting to think negatively about it, which might affect future generations of "western" women.

P.S white + Asian babies are adorable, one of the "hottest" guys I ever dated was half Korean and half German. He had blue grey Asian eyes but the body and stature of a big Germanic guy. Hot stuff!

• Even my parents say they don't trust the Chinese but I think it has more to with them being commies lol. Even though I'm not Chinese I can definitely see how the bad rap will effect future generations of western women towards Asian guys. Usually if you're Asian you = Chinese.

• Would an Asian-American have a better chance at dating someone other than an Asian girl?

Not according to the research done in interracial dating desirability

If an Asian guy approached you would you immediately think he can't speak English?

Yes a lot of people born here can't speak English so why not him.

Would you assume he is nerdy?

If he was dressed nerdy. Being a certain race doesn't make me think you are a certain way but dressing a certain way influences that line of thinking.

The fact that you want a white girl kind of proves research done in interracial dating desirability correct. White men/women are most desired in interracial dating & Asian men/black women are least desired.

• That last statement is actually what got me thinking the most. It does kind of prove it correct. I can't help what I find attractive and unattractive though. Saw some people posting it's because of the media portraying white people as ideal but I don't think this is the case as I rarely watch TV. It's boring to me. I don't know what it could be... I have seen some face melting black and Latina girls as well though so I'm not only attracted to white girls.

• Is it a preference? I don't think so. White women have caught my attention the most but I think it's because there's a lot of beautiful white women in my area.

• So the research proves it true. Sort of.

• Aw... don't say that you guys are least desireable. I was recently talking to an Asian guy at the mall a week ago and he had the most gorgeous smile. Asian guys can be so hott. And people would argue that's blacks or latinos or arabs are least desireable so screw scientific research ha ha it depends on the individual. But I'm a black girl so my opinion probably doesn't matter to you because its normally the white or latin girl people want to date. But my cousin who is black also is OBSSESSED with Asians hahaha. She wants an Asian husband.

• I actually love black girls and my friends always like to tease me for it because it's a little different. Black girls have a special place in my heart :).

• Hahaha, you just made my day sir. Thank you ;) hahaha

• I think 1/2 white 1/2 Asian kids are SO cute! haha. I'd date an Asian guy just for that. just kidding. I'm not attracted to most Asian guys, but that's cause I'm pretty tall and want an even taller guy. there are some really attractive half-asian guys though... so yeah if the guy is Americanized and tall then I wouldn't have a problem!

• My boyfriend is full Filipino and I'm white (PALE skin I'm so white I illuminate a room :P, natural blond hair and blue eyes so I'm European through and through)

• Lucky bastard.

• But you know I certainly have run into some stigma.. mostly from guys though, but they were probably jealous :P, they reference his "size" which is just annoying now -_-. Also I've run into two bogan (white trash) girls who've tried to make it an issue but who cares about those people! They're losers anyways. They criticize Asians because it makes up for their shortcomings at finding a mate (guys) or (for girls now) they're ignorant or they just don't prefer Asian guys.

• I didn't read the description..but I remember in 7th grade I had a crush on a guy who was half-asian...he was like a high schooler at the time though..But anywayss hey at least you guys have your brains...Asians are also some of the smartest people out there.

• I am not the smartest guy out there. I only retain anything I take an interest in. Math? Forget about it.

• My Irish friend has the hugest thing for Asian guys. just saying :)

• i dated an Asian guy for about six months, ended mutually, but to be honest if your looking for girls that are in to Asian guys-which there IS a lot of- look elsewhere from where your already looking :)

• The only time I have a chance to put myself out there is when I'm at school. I am a college student and working so I don't get much time to put myself out there. I also have to take care of my younger brothers. I usually go to the mall to pick up random stuff I need/want but I'm usually by myself as I don't like to roll in a group so I think I come off as some creepy loner guy lol.

• I actually love Asian guys, even though I'm multi-racial. Believe it or not many non Asian girls love Asian guys especially black girls. You should join an AMBW (asian man black woman) group, they are really supportive & a good way to meet non Asian girls. Also I like skinnier Asian guys as well as nerdy, feminine guys. Any Asian guy is fine with me :)

• it really has nothing to do with not speaking English. I can say that I'm not attracted to Asian guys first off because of their slight build and secondly because of the feminine thing that you mentioned. It has nothing else to do with their looks or how well they speak English. I will say that being respectful and loving will make up for that with a lot of girls

• i don't think there is a single category called "asian"... I mean there are so many diff types of people frm asia... such as chinese, indians, russians, afghani, turkish middle east types, arabs...

i love afghani men. if you shave them and dress them nice they are utterly gorgeous

• i think they're pretty hot

What Guys Said 2

• Just be who you knokw you can be, don't be afraid to get out there and ask out a white,hispanic or black girl. If that's what you like than why not go for it? Besides if you don't like your body then that's OK because that can always be altered, just start working out alot, get some protein in you and I guarantee with the right diet and work out regimine you'll be bulked in about 3-4 months.

There is always a girl out there who is into the same hobbies as you, into computers and such, you just have to go out and look for them.

• Yeah I've been working out again but it's only been about a month. I worked out a lot in high school. I have to eat a ton to gain mass so it's really difficult. I can get toned fast because I'm skinny but I want to gain mass.

• Yeah I work out every other day. If I don't get a full body then I just work out what I didn't the day before. You're talking about Whey? I am about to grab a tub of that stuff later today along with some vitamins. I wish I could just get fat and work out... I'd imagine it's so much easier to get jacked.

• Exactly whey protein is what you need to get, but get the big thing of powder, and vitamins are good sure but won't really do much with all that you will get from the powder. And actually not really to get bulked and lean looking you need to be skinny first and then add on the weight becasue if you work out while your fat it will look weird when you bulk up and it won't be defined at all, totally wrong way to go.

• You may be the least desired in dating, but not in marriage. Black men are least desired in marriage. Black man gotta have money and fame. They are more popular in dating because women are whores in their younger years so they date Black men, then when they mature and don't want to get stds, they marry white and Asian men. Don't sweat, you're good.

• So you're saying I have to wait until my 30s before I meet a nice gal. Maaaaan I don't want to wait that long lol. I also think what you said is a bit exaggerated. I have met some really cool black guys that don't have much money and definitely not much fame but have some very nice girl friends. I also don't know if girls are "whores" in their younger years. More so, they're just experimenting? I don't know lol. I've met enough nice girls my age to be pretty certain that is not true though.