Dating someone with Aspergers/Autism?

Has anyone dated someone with this? Do you have it? I love someone with it, I've done a bit of homework, but would like to know what it's like to be in a long term relationship with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• unfortuneately I have it

• You shouldn't say it like that.

I think it makes someone unique.

Like an extra personality it adds something to a person.

• well that's good, that helps since guys with Autism or Asperger Syndrome have a hard time reading body-language, non-verbal signs

• Well I have a horrible time trying to figure him out. The only way I really know if he likes me is by comparing how he treats other people and how he acts when I'm away. It's really hard to tell, becasue he knows I'd die for him, but it's hard for me to really gage his feelings.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend has it, but I am NT. I find with him, it takes a lot of patients and a lot of understanding. Sometimes it can be difficult, with the lack of speech communication; but other days he is good about telling me things, like if he needs his space or if I am bothering him. We are both young, and I am the first girlfriend he has had who wasn't just using him for something, he enjoys the relationship we have. So in short, it can be difficult, but you just have to remember that straight-forward verbal communication is the key. If you set plain boundaries and rules, and you let him know that you want this to work, it should go well (or at least this is the case in my experience).

• I have it. Never had a boyfriend because of it.

• i wouldn't be able to handle that because that's too much for me

• I don't think so. It's charming in a way. And it's not hard if you love them.

But in what way would it be to much?