Dating Dos and Donts

Is it okay to start dating again when you still love another man? I don't want to go out and find the next love of my life right this second, I just want to meet new guys, flirt and have fun but everyone tells me I should wait. When is it okay to date again and how do you know?

We broke up, after 2 years of being together, about 5 months ago. He thinks that we fight too much and "doesn't want to deal with my shit anymore" as he put it, and I feel I deserve someone who actually wants to be with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's tricky. You will either find the wrong guy,as thormoto45 said, or you'll find a good guy and screw him over. I think it's okay to do it, but please be upfront with whomever you date so they know what you're thinking and can turn you down if they are looking for a relationship that will last.

What Guys Said 2

• Nobody can tell you when you're ready. To be honest you'll probably start too soon no matter what and choose the wrong person without even knowing it. It's all part of life and finding yourself. Just do what you feel is right. Eventually you'll get it right even as hopeless as it might seem as times. Just enjoy life.

• Spend as much time single as you need to, only start dating again when you and only you are ready.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's ok to have fun even if you are in love with someone else. You are not with the guy anymore, so it's not like you are cheating or anything. And what better way to get over someone than to go out and have fun. Just don't get to serious with anyone until you are ready to move on.

• I would say you shouldn't date if you are loving someone else cause you shouldn't go for someone you don't love..and you don't have to date someone to flirt. I do it all the time and I'm not dating them. Everyone flirts as long as you don't do anything you will regret. And you should wait until you don't love this guy anymore. And if you love him how come you just don't date him? but otherwise I say listen to your friends and wait.