Do you mind a girl not brushing her hair?

Is it gross or you just don't care?

I never brush my hair except like twice a year.

It is wavy/curly and when I brush it it turns out to a big fluff. So, I have to choose between messy and wavy/curly or very fluffy. Or straighten it, but I'm too lazy for that..

Lol I just wondered because my friend(girl) keep telling me EVERYDAY that I should brush it, even a male teacher... but screw them. Its not even their business :)

Thanks so much for all the answers so far! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I love your hair. =D

I'm the same though, I don't brush mine either. But no one would ever guess. Girl friends often ask if I have a brush they can use if we're out somewhere, and I always have to remind them, 'Dude, I don't do that s.hit', lmao. I guess it's only half true. I DO brush my hair, but only right before I take a shower, to get out any tangles that formed during the day. Which aren't much really. My hair dries into ringlets for the most part, but it doesn't knot up too bad. I can usually still run fingers through it for the most part. Once I'm out of the shower, it's towel 'dried', and that's it. I don't mess with it because it gets poofy, like yours does, and I also lose a lot of curl, even just running a comb through it before it dries.

What Guys Said 8

• Nah, some girls can pull it off. As long as it's not greasy because, ya know, ew it should be fine. I actually kind of like the unkemptish look

• Don't care about not brushing. But if she didn't wash it regularly ...

• I'm kinda like you, I don't brush my hair often and it's not long hair it's just to my ear lobes because if I brush it it kinda wings up the sides, I don't get it tangled either.

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it's not a rat's nest lol

• Nah guys (most of them) don't care if you don't brush your hair, as long as it doesn't smell and isn't all over the place I could careless

• If she takes care of her personal hygiene, then I think it would bother her more than me ~

• Your hair looks really good. So not brushing it is good. :)

• I think whatever you're doing, it's working. Men would never have to know unless you told them.

• I don't mind as long as there is nothing stinky or eww related.

What Girls Said 8

• My hair is very similar texturally to yours and honestly I feel like if I brush it, I'm trying to go against its natural, crazy kinkiness. It just doesn't work and my cool waves ends up expanding like a frizzy balloon. So don't brush it- it's such a waste of time.

• Of course guys don't care (they barley notice anything) if your hair gets all static and poofy when you brush it you should apply mouse when you shower that way you don't need to brush it because the waves go with the look. but I at least recommend you brush it with a wide tooth comb when your out of the shower that way you won't have big balls of knots or some kind of dreadlocks under your beautiful hair.

• you should comb it when it's wet,cause keeping all those hairs that were supposed to fall out...eww. but your hair looks good,so f*** it

• I do the messy and wavy/curly thing, too. I don't think people even notice it's not brushed.

• oh gurrrrl, tell me about it :] I never brush my hair, but you should try going through it with a comb right after you shower just to get any knots and extra hairs out.

• i don't brush it when it's curly

• I love your hair! I love hair that's very textured, especially if it's long because it's different.

Please do not straighten your hair. Girls who are obsessed with straight hair are unattractive.

I too have long curly hair and yeah you're not really supposed to brush curly hair unless it's wet because the curls separate and you end up looking like a poodle, so whoever thinks it's gross is stupid

• thanks!:D and yeeeaahh only people with curly hair understand us!

• i don't brush my hair but I do comb it. as long as you groom it and it looks good I doubt guys would care. everyone doesn't have the type of hair needed to brush their hair. combs are better than brushes for me. I comb mine in the shower while its still wet. but I think you should style your hair and do different looks from time to time