Dating a former special ed student?

This question is for guys and girls. Would you ever date somebody who was educated in special ed schools provided their disabilities did not make them unable to function normally in the real world, such as ADHD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, OCD, or high-functioning autism/Asperger Syndrome?

Most Helpful Girl

• as long as I like them...like it really doesn't matter what they have, its just about how they compose themselves. but if they go around telling me their life story on the first date, no matter who they are, I'm gonna be bored and done. I think the best dating strategy for these is pretend you don't have them for as long as possible or until you trust them. I mean after maybe 3 weeks you should definitely tell them, you don't want them to feel ambushed. but let them get to know the real you before you tell them or else its just them judging you without getting to REALLY know the real you

What Girls Said 4

• It depends what they are like as a person. I'll be honest, at first thought I'm thinking no. But it all depends on the person.

• No.

I don't need to handle their issues.

• yes,if they're a good person,and maternal instincts would make me want to help them so that's fine with me

• not that big of a deal

What Guys Said 4

• Provided that they were physically attractive to me and had a good personality, I would overlook their disability and date them normally.

• ADHD is totally over diagnosed. That was just normal back when I was in school. It would depend on the compulsion when we're talking about OCD.

And Aspergers? Like that kid on Parenthood? No way in hell. Those are some genes which are best left unspread.

• These types of disablilities do not define a person. That individual would be just like anyone else writing on this forum - including those that may have Aspergers.

• Aren't they incredibly self-centered?

• No, they are not. They like to talk...lol but not anymore than any other person on the earth.

• It depends, but I have did date someone who had behavior problems. I helped her get on her feet and she got herself into university.

• I believe it screws guys more than it screws girls