Would you ever date someone you don't find attractive?

I don't think anyone would date for solely on personality. Prove me wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's gone past like 3 or 4 dates but yes I've gone out with multiple people I didn't find physically attractive. I just started going out with one last week actually. I haven't had much luck finding attractive women I can stand so I'm trying someone out of the ordinary for me.

• Did you find her(and the others) unattractive or just kind neither attractive or unnatractive?

• Well it depends. Usually I know immediately if I'm attracted to a girl or not based on her face and body. It's a subconscious decision that feels like it's made for me. I guess by unnattractive, I'm saying she's a 4-5-6 instead of a 7-8-9 which is where I usually try to date. It's all relative to the person. I'm sure there are people who would think this new one is very attractive physically. She certainly has a better personality than the last 10 women I went out with combined.

What Girls Said 8

• i believe there's physical attraction and emotional attraction:

physical attraction is all physical (the kind of attraction you mean in your question)

emotional is all those emotional qualities that you really like in another person. Who you trust, you you feel close to, who you 'open up' to, who you can feel safe with, vulnerable with. Who you look to primarily to soothe you, take care of you, nurture you.

i think emotional attraction can go further then physical attraction.

You like them for who they are. Not just their clothes, but their personality, their interests, the real them. You like them not (just) because they're physically attractive, but because they're someone you can connect with, someone who you find fun to be around. Someone you could share all your secrets with, someone who comforts you, someone who makes you feel like you have value.

I would definitely date someone I'm emotionally attracted to.

• I don't know that I would date someone I don't find attractive. That said, I can become (and have become multiple times in the past) attracted to someone solely because of their personality. :)

• Physical attraction is an important aspect for me. I couldn't date someone I wasn't attracted to. But I also have to be attracted to them in other ways besides physical of course.

• i have before. personality is WAY more important to me. over time, I always find something that makes him attractive to me.

• he'd have to be pretty f***ing awesome.

• No, I'd have to find them attractive in some way.

• I'd have to find them a little attractive.

• No, I won't. But let me tell you something lol.

I have known my ex for years since we were in college like 10 years ago. I didn't find him good looking AT ALL. BUT when emotions arised between us, I felt he's so good looking. Love is blind , yeah *sigh* lol

• That's exactly what happened to me and he turned out to be the love of my life! I didn't find him attractive at at all in the beginning, but once the emotions arised it was a different story.

What Guys Said 10

• Why should anyone have to prove you wrong? Why the hell do you think someone would want to date someone they weren't attracted to? The whole point of dating is to eventually have sex with the person, so unless you're attracted to them that seems like a pretty grim prospect.

• That is not the point of dating at all. At least not to me it's not.

• Ok then it's a really really awesome friendship then by your standards. I don't see a relationship requiring phsyical pleasure. I see it as on just an emotional level.

• Yeah. Those exist. They're called friendships. And they're pretty cool too. Yeah, for friendships looks are pretty irrelevant. Some of my best friends are guys, which are basically really, really, REALLY ugly women. . . Ha!

• no, there has to be something there. if I cringe every time I look at her then it's not gonna happen.

• Nope.

Well, that said; like time, I believe Beauty is relative, someone I once thought was attractive is no longer attractive to me and vice versa. But you can't date a memory so my answer of "no" still stands.

• In my opinion, personality is more important. That's good and all, but they have to have at least SOME looks for me. Everyone's at least a little bit shallow in that regard.

I doubt very many men would date this: link even if they had the best personality ever.

Likewise, I doubt very many women would date this: link off of personality alone.

• "I don't think anyone would date for solely on personality" lmfao are you serious? what do you think blind people do? go by scent?

• Is this about the 3 inches...?

• You're annoying.

• Lol, snacks got a trollker (troll stalker)

• I'm done now lol, I would have went Anonymous if I wanted to stalk harder. Was just having some fun with the guy, but I can tell he is annoyed...because he typed annoying so...

• Been there, done that too.

• No, I don't want to sound shallow, but if there is no attraction at all, then I think you are just acting out of desperation and will not be all that into the relationship.

• I think I could. If his or her personality was just absolutely intoxicating and I really enjoyed spending time with them, I think I could grow to find them attractive physically, even if they're 'ugly', by societal standards.

• If it were to save a life...maybe.