Should a guy go in for the kiss on a first date?

Says it all in the title really...

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh man. It all depends! Your favorite answer, I'm sure.

Read the signals she's sending out. Is she touchy with you? Are you generally having a blast together (not just you, does she look like she's genuinely enjoying it)? Would you go on a second date with her?

Personally (emphasis added), if the date went REALLY well, like we're sure to go on a second and who knows how many more and it was awesome vibes all around I wouldn't mind a quick peck on the lips and some verbal reassurance that the guy is interested. If he's being extra polite he could even give me a quick kiss on the cheek and tell me that we should do this again, squeeze my hand or something. But nothing more than that on a first date.

Some girls think kiss on the cheek = you think of her like a little sister. Others think it's the polite thing to do, instead of going for the lips. It depends on what kind of girl you want to date.

If you're going to kiss on the lips, make it short and sweet, send the message that you're certainly interested but that you also respect her. Do not start a make out session unless she's just clawing at you.

What Girls Said 3

• nah

• Depends on the girl and how good the date was. Some girls like it, some don't. But if it was a good date and I'm interested, then I would say yes, absolutely - assuming it's just a normal kiss, and not making out.

• no. I never kiss on the first date, no matter how great the date might be going

What Guys Said 2

• Unfortunately for you, there is no correct answer. Some girls will never kiss on the first date, and some will expect one (if the date was good). The ones who don't kiss will think you're a pig if you do, and the ones who want one will think you're boring/prudish if you don't. The best thing you can do is try to gauge her interest in you throughout the date and go from there. If she seems like she's waiting for something at the end of your date, then that's probably it.

• I wouldn't as it can SERIOUSLY backfire.