Why can't I get over him? It's been YEARS?

OK, so here's the situation. My first boyfriend I met in middle school. We dated for a few months then broke up because of circumstances. I changed schools and we kept in touch a little, like 1or two emails every year to two years to catch up. (so total like 3-5 emails in 5 years) We recently reconnected 5 years later and he spent two months convincing me to date him, and we did for a few months, until my family forced a breakup. Now we're just friends again. But I still feel like there is something between us, like something that could work later. I know we can't be together right now because of our situations. But I still feel like we could have a future. But I feel kind of crazy for thinking that. I want to stop but I don't know how. I never forgot him in the 5 years we barely talked. I don't know what's going on... Am I being unreasonable?

Also----- They made us break up because of religious and family differences. I think it may be different in the future because those differences don't matter to me and him. The only reason it does right now is because I'm living at home while going to school. Once I move out it will be different.

And I have dated other guys, and I'm open to dating other guys now. In fact I'm considering another guy's offer at the moment. But I just keep coming back to him no matter what. He is the person I compare everyone else to, and we just seem to balance each other out and challenge each other. He makes me feel amazing and want to be the best person I can be.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you got some pretty intense chemistry going on with him. If he feels the same way, which he quite possibly may, then no you're not really "crazy" for thinking about him a lot. Even if he didn't feel the same way, it's still understandable to feel this way. Why don't you communicate some of your feelings to him? Not all of them necessarily, you don't have to wear your heart on your sleeve, but you can let him know some of how you feel and see how he reacts to it.

What Guys Said 4

• Looks like you guys like each other a lot but your family doesn't want you together. It is one of those impossible relationships.

Why is your family against this?

What makes you think that this obstacle may not be there in the future?

• I didn't have to read more than 3 sentences in when I figured out why. You keep in contact with him. If you want to get over him, go your separate ways and stop reconnecting. You're doing it to yourself. This is why people say you shouldn't be friends with an ex... among other things.

• It sounds like you need CLOSURE from him and the relationship.

• hello me IMRAN...from BANGLADESH...i hv facing same situation...i boroke up about 3 years ...bt stil I cnt forget her from my mind...i dnt know y...bt I will suggest you to sacrifice your family...if you really love him...or...if you wnt to lead your life with him...thank you

What Girls Said 1

• why did your family force you to break up with him? did they have any genuine reason?

why don't you think about dating new guys now? you won't be so stuck in the past if there was a new guy to make you dwell on the future