Been dating for 3 months, suddenly the calls have stopped and he's not answering?

We have been dating for 3 months, never fight never argue. Totally have our own things going on and usually only see each other 1 or 2 nights a week or some weeks not at all because of other commitments. Last week we sort of had plans but not written in stone, he didn't call, didn't answer the phone. Then I get a call saying he was helping a neighbor cut a tree down and got into the beer. Which is fine, no biggy, stuff happens. He called for 3 days nothing for the last 2 days and I just tried calling him and no answer. Would think if he wanted to end it he'd be man enough to say so, but have no clue where this is coming from.

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys sound very casual and non-committal here, with comments like "see each other...some weeks not at all" and a statement about a missed date of "Which is fine, no biggy, stuff happens".

I am over 45 and I have a lot of girlfriends who are dating at my age too. One problem dating in our age range is that we can be so casual and kept happy with other priorities and people that we just don't give enough juice to the person we are dating. I have one girlfriend who says things like "Any guy I like has to know he comes second to my kids and friends." Well it's great she puts her kids first and her friends are a priority, but honestly she should just not date then because anyone who would give their heart and soul to you will want the same in return, not be put last place after everything else.

So, you had a lukewarm dating deal here and it appears to be fizzling out. Who knows if it is out for the count, but it is cooling off from something that wasn't very hot to begin with, from your description.

• Actual it wasn't lukewarm, we up until the last two nights spoke every day and were anxious to see each other on the weekend we didn't have to work or had family comittments. As a 47 year old woman I don't think my entire life should be wrapped around his after only 3 months of dating nor should I expect it of him. I am just confused why it seems suddenly he is not as excited to call or see me. He did call finally tonight to tell me he has been working overtime the last few days on a large job.

What Guys Said 2

• He might be cutting a tree in a beautiful ladies yard. but I wouldn't put a lot in to this. there maybe some good reason. he may just be a nice guy and right now he is a busy person. sit him down and tell him how you feel. it sometime works.

• Actually its a 65 year old man, I've met him. I'm not really the jealous type and since we have both been burned by "cheaters" that wouldn't cross my mind. I have left a casual voice mail for him just saying hi hope all is good. Guess I'm just doing what women do best "over analyze". I know I've been overtired, stressed the last couple of weeks over work and a potential health issue so maybe just reading too much into it.

• most of the time when a lady get a feeling they is something to it.. I hope all works well for you. if you need to tak just email me and we can chat..thanks

• You shouldn't make any assumptions. Just ask him point blank. "Is there something going on I should know about?" If he answers no then just go about your business. Just keep your eyes and ears open.

• Thanks good to get it from the male perspective without having to nag the male in the situation. I just don't want to overreact and cause "damage" where there wasn't any.

• If you have concerns in a relationship - especially trust issues - you're better off to not play detective - trust me - I have had trust issues with my wife from being cheated on in the relationship before her, and while our love for each other is very strong, there has been some damage done. Truth is - if he's cheating on you there's nothing you can do about it. But you will find out eventually. If he says there's nothing going on - believe him and stop checking on him.

What Girls Said 2

• He's not into you any more.. He's found someone else.

• mabey his getting over you.